• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

clay lube alternative ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• clay lube alternative ?

i ran out of quick detailer is there anything else i can use would uqd work as lube im thinking of buying that but is there any home made fourmula that works water and ?? something like that

Re: clay lube alternative ?

Well, can you clay with UQD.. yes, but it is expensive and wont work as well.

Soapy water would be the next best option if no QD/LT/FI, but soap can break down the clay if you store it for a while between uses.
    2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Personally, I use Optimum No-Rinse as a clay lube, as it's much more economical than any QD product. In a pinch, just fill a spray bottle with water and add a few drops of dish soap to break the surface tension, or even APC or Simple Green diluted about 1:50. On a really contaminated car, such as one that's been parked under a tree for months, I'll use one of these mixes to flood the contaminants away and prolong the life of the clay.

Bill

Comment

Meguiar's Hyper Wash could be a very cost effective alternative.....

Comment

Working...
        X
        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');