• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

does DC 2 Polish remove swirls and scratches

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• does DC 2 Polish remove swirls and scratches

hey guys,

I have the DC1 paint cleaner...and DC2 Polish....

I have some swirls on the hood and some some scratches on the A pillar...
    can i use the DC2 polish to get rid of the swirls and scratches?

if the DC2 cannot remove swirls and scratches, do I have to buy all 3 products (ultimate compound, swirlX, and scratchX?)

can I just buy ultimate compound to remove the swirls and the scratches? (since i understand it is the strongest of them all)

Re: does DC 2 Polish remove swirls and scratches

No, DC1 or DC2 wont remove swirls.

Can you just jump to UC... it wont harm the paint, assuming it is a newer car, paint in good condition. But if the paint was soft, and you worked the UC in a lot, it could leave a few marks of its own.

So if you go right to UC, just start off gentle, and work your way up with more passion/force, etc.
    2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

i went to my closest auto parts store today but all they had was SCRATCH X

so reluctantly i bought it for $9

(I really wanted to buy swirlx and the ultimate compound)

My question is:

I'm trying to remove some light swirls from my hood, and also a small scratch on my A pillar

can I just use this scratch X to do both (remove light swirls from hood and the scratch on A pillar)? (since scratchX is right in the middle of UC and swirlx in terms of aggressiveness)

Comment

ScratchX 2.0 I hope?

Swirls and scratches (and water spots, bird dropping etchings) are the same thing, low spots in the paint. Swirls just tend to be shallower, scratches deeper.

So removing them is the same idea... use an abrasive product to remove some surrounding paint, and level the surface back out.

A stronger product will just remove more paint faster, which like using sandpaper on wood, can be good or bad. Just depends what you need.

Of course a scratch that is too deep might only be improved, not removed.

Comment

yup, it is the scratch x 2.0

which i heard is better? or at least stronger (similar to UC, or standing between UC and swirlx)

so I could probably be gentle and use scratchx on the hood to remove the swirls? (by applying less pressure...and not rubbing too hard since it's stronger than swirlx)

can i follow up with some deep crystal polish? then tech 2.0 wax

Comment

Yeah, in between. Original Scratch would be a lot milder.

Try starting off mild, build up as needed.

And yeah, polish, wax after.

Comment

Working...
            X
            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');