• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

in what order to use products

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• in what order to use products

hi, is they any threads on here to tell you in which order to use products ,theres that much stuff ??????

Re: in what order to use products

Karlos,

Take a look at this thread on the 5 step paint care cycle

I once put swirls in my paint just to see what it looked like.

I don't always detail cars, but when I do, I prefer Meguiar's.
    Remove swirls my friends.

Comment

Generally speaking, it's as follows;
      1. Wash car
      2. Clay/clean paint
      3. Cut with Ultimate Compound or equivalent
      4. Polish with Ultimate Polish or equivalent
      5. Wax with Ultimate Wax, Gold Class etc.
      6. My favourite, MAINTAIN. Love driving around in a car that's super clean
      Keeping your car immaculate is a reflection of yourself.

Comment

hi thanks for the advise ,iv got clay bar also nxt tech wax 2.0 and deep crystal polish ,would these be ok to use also in what order ,i no to wash then clay cheers karl my car is an audi cabriolet the exact same colour as your car love yellow as got vwt4 transporter van same colour

Comment

Originally posted by Markbaja View Post
          Generally speaking, it's as follows;
          1. Wash car
          2. Clay/clean paint
          3. Cut with Ultimate Compound or equivalent
          4. Polish with Ultimate Polish or equivalent
          5. Wax with Ultimate Wax, Gold Class etc.
          6. My favourite, MAINTAIN. Love driving around in a car that's super clean
          Yep, thats pretty clear. Just bear in mind that with Step 6 your cutting out 2, 3, as well as #4. #5 Will be occasionally based on region, weather, and a host of other factors.

One thing I do is after washing is ALWAY follow up with a mist/wipe down of Meguiar's Ultimate Quick Wax. Known as a Booster Wax which is good between that occasional hand wax.

A well maintained car should only need hand wax every 1-2 months, maybe less. Based on my exp.

Comment

Originally posted by karlos09 View Post
            hi thanks for the advise ,iv got clay bar also nxt tech wax 2.0 and deep crystal polish ,would these be ok to use also in what order ,i no to wash then clay cheers karl my car is an audi cabriolet the exact same colour as your car love yellow as got vwt4 transporter van same colour
            Hey Karlos,

You would want to use your products in this following order.

1) A through wash of your car
            2) Clay bar the entire car, using Ultimate Quick Detailer as a lubricant (or something equivelent)
            3) Deep Crystal Polish
            4) NXT Tech Wax 2.0

Good luck and be sure to post some pictures when you're done!

Comment

Originally posted by Carolina08 View Post
              Hey Karlos,

You would want to use your products in this following order.

1) A through wash of your car
              2) Clay bar the entire car, using Ultimate Quick Detailer as a lubricant (or something equivelent)
              3) Deep Crystal Polish
              4) NXT Tech Wax 2.0

Good luck and be sure to post some pictures when you're done!
              I washed, clay barred, and then used Ultimate Wax on my black 2011 Elantra. Should I have used polish? The car is only 2 1/2 months old.

Comment

Here's what the 5 Step Paint Care System Says:

"Using a true “pure” polish is an “optional step” - you don’t have to do it. Pure polishes are safe for use on fresh paint - if your vehicle requires a trip to the body shop following an accident or other damage, you should not apply a wax for 60 to 90 days following the fresh paint job as the paint needs to "breathe" and fully cure. You can, however, apply a pure polish during that time period to enhance the gloss."

I always usually do, it only makes my car have a more mirror like reflection, and adds gloss, but if you didn't it sounds like it's quite alright. Next time you do a clay, try to polish and see if you like the results better or if you see any much of a difference at all.

Comment

The only reason I ask is because when I got it in the sun, there were blotchy areas, like maybe I didn't get all the wax off.

Comment

Originally posted by inspector710 View Post
                    The only reason I ask is because when I got it in the sun, there were blotchy areas, like maybe I didn't get all the wax off.
                    Yeah, that sometimes happens to me as well. I think it's just not removing the wax/polish properly or really taking the time to work at it. Those blotches usually go away after a few days, or your next wash. I usually put it in the sun after detailing for a few minutes because as you found out, the sun exposes places you may have missed while finishing!

Comment

Ain't that the truth.. I did my wife's gray car with NXT and it came out great.

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew C. View Post
                        Karlos,

Take a look at this thread on the 5 step paint care cycle

http://meguiarsonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=37320
                        The 5 step is great, but now I have a little additional issue....ie. just bought my wife a 2012 Terrain and of course the dealer wants to sell you the "Dupont Protection Plan" for exterior and interior....for $500......and I know it's basically snake oil.....They talk about the "chemical bonding cross-linking agents". Well, I'm no chemist but I'm able to read in the descriptions of a good SEALENT....such as Meguiar's M21.....that it HAS THOSE CROSS-LINKING PROPERTIES.....and I fully believe that I can protect my wife's car (or any car's paint) from bird droppings, bugs, etc.....with an assortment of good Meguiar's products as good or better than the dealer's stuff....but I think the key there may be to use the sealent...such as the 21....but now I'm wondering.... IN WHAT ORDER TO USE IT?.....along with all or part of the other things in the 5 step. NXT Tech and Ultimate Wax, etc are great products....but they are not a SEALENT. Anybody with a similar issue or problem? I guess what I'm saying is I certainly favor the 5 step....I'd just like to apply the 21....for some serious protection.

Comment

Meguiars best protecting sealant/wax would be the Ultimate Wax now.

But the order and prep steps are still the same.

Wash
                          Clay
                          Paint Cleaner/Polish
                          Wax
                          Wax

If you are looking for the durability, I would go with two coats of the same product, but some people like to mix and match a bit. Usually synthetic followed by carnauba.
                          2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');