• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should I use this or is it too aggressive?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should I use this or is it too aggressive?

I have a 2000 Subaru Legacy WAgon. White
    My hood had Clear coat Failure, But I washed, Clayed, Ultimate Compund
    and Ultimate Quik Wax. It made some parts shine, but overall mae it smooth and protected.

The rest of the car still looks like the paint is in good condition, except for paint marks and scratches. The paint still has shine and gloss to it. It does have black smudge marks that the wash couldn't take apart.

For the Car. Should I still Clay it even if it still feels smooth. Would It hurt to clay it on a smooth car?

Also After Claying Is it safe to use Ultimate Compound/then Quik WAx? Should I use a real liquid or paste wax instead and then Quik wax after every car wash?

Is it okay to use a pure polish after using Ultimate Compound? Or should i skip that?

1)wash/dry
    2)Clay
    3)Ultimate Compound
    4)pure polish?
    5)Quik Wax or Liquid or paste Wax?

Thank YOu! ^_^

Re: Should I use this or is it too aggressive?

It couldn't hurt for you to compound the rest of the vehicle at all, but I would just use caution and be gentle with the compound. If you're going to compound, I would definitely clay it to make sure the surface is ready and prepped properly. I would suggest using a pure polish after the compound. Although it is one more step, I think the results just come out better in my past experiences. Take a look at the Ultimate Polish, and Ultimate Wax, they both work superb! I would definitely use a liquid or paste wax after claying, because it will give you the most protection, and I think an even better shine!

Comment

Thank You!! I might skip the polish since my car is white. And when u say be careful with the compound, whats the worse that can happen if I scrub to hard and use too much?

Or actually what os the worst possible case scenario and how can it happen with UC?

Thanks Again carolina08! ^_^

Comment

My father has a white Forrester that is pretty new and you'd be surprised what the polish can do. It gave it an amazing depth even on white. Also, just something to remember, but UQW isn't really a base wax/sealant. It's more of a booster. I would take Carolina's suggestion and try UW and save the UQW for after normal washing sessions to boost the longevity of the UW.

Comment

Working...
        X
        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');