• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NXT Cure Time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Re: NXT Cure Time

Originally posted by Mike Phillips
    Another thing I notice once in a while at the clinic is for someone who has just applied Tech Wax, or any wax is to continually wipe the surface, you know, they have already removed the wax but they continue to keep wiping and polishing on the finish. This disrupts the polymer coating on the surface. Instead, wipe off the excess and leave it alone. When you continue to wipe the surface before the polymers have fully set-up, you are moving the polymer coating around, potentially moving it off the finish and onto you polishing cloth.

Stop. Let the polymers set up.
    Hmm... I probably do the same. You're saying that I shouldn't achieve a mirror-reflection when wiping it off?

What will happen then - will the wax turn transparent by itself while curing, or should i wait until next day to polish it to transparancy?
    Do, or do not - there is no try.

Comment

Re: NXT Cure Time

Ok I have a question as well....

You say wait 12 - 24 hours before applying the second coat. Is that because its colder over there? Here in Western Australia the temps are around 30 c. Do I need to wait that time or can it be done sooner for optimal results?

Also I thought polishing the wax off was the idea to give it good looking shine?

Thanks

Graeme

Comment

Originally posted by Boss_429 View Post
        I've used both products.............. and they both are excellent products. The AIO/SG combo has more of a "candy-coated" look than NXT which has a bit softer, and wetter look. The NXT is also a much easier product to use than SG. On the other hand, SG is an extremely durable product.

Whatever the case, if you're pleased with the NXT, why not just stick with it. Of course, comparing products can be fun!
        So this is bugging me, can i do this.

Klasse AIO, Klasse SG, wait 12 hrs............ then NXT 2.0 ? I love Klasse with my PC, and this NXT looks BAD@$$ sooo i want to try this out but not if its a waste of time, since NXT has mild cleaning agents dont know if it will affect the Klasse SG or not.
        'In Veritate Victoria'
        2007 F-150 - Texas Blue
        Houston - Tx

Comment

As a serious driveway detailer with only a carport. (no garage) I can tell you that you just have to learn how to work in your own situation the best you can.

Due to no other choice, I often either apply 2 apps of one wax or a combo back to back, or wait overnight and use regular QD or Speed Detailer in between apps of wax. I do not use UQD for this step.

I get superb results that keep the neighbors envious, and often get comments at the gas pump.

I just had to learn how to work with what I have. It still makes for a fun hobby.

Comment

Originally posted by prnsr82 View Post
            So this is bugging me, can i do this.

Klasse AIO, Klasse SG, wait 12 hrs............ then NXT 2.0 ? I love Klasse with my PC, and this NXT looks BAD@$$ sooo i want to try this out but not if its a waste of time, since NXT has mild cleaning agents dont know if it will affect the Klasse SG or not.
            Wow, that is an old post of mine.

NXT 2.0 might remove some of the SG for the reasons you stated. On the other hand, I prefer the look of the new NXT 2.0 better than AIO/SG. So, if you like the NXT look... go for it. The UQD works especially nice with NXT 2.0.
            Boss_429

Comment

NXT 2.0 might remove some of the SG for the reasons you stated. On the other hand, I prefer the look of the new NXT 2.0 better than AIO/SG. So, if you like the NXT look... go for it. The UQD works especially nice with NXT 2.0.
              Might I ask just how old???
              ...didnt know you were over here, too...

Comment

Thanks for the input, i guess NXT toped with SG wouldn't do anything either. Probably wouldn't stick. Anyway ill post pics when i get it done on friday. Thanks again for the help.
                'In Veritate Victoria'
                2007 F-150 - Texas Blue
                Houston - Tx

Comment

Originally posted by F-150Sport03 View Post
                  Might I ask just how old???
                  ...didnt know you were over here, too...
                  That old post was back in Oct of 2004...
                  Boss_429

Comment

Originally posted by prnsr82 View Post
                    Thanks for the input, i guess NXT toped with SG wouldn't do anything either. Probably wouldn't stick. Anyway ill post pics when i get it done on friday. Thanks again for the help.
                    Nope, wouldn't put SG over NXT either. Stick with one or the other.
                    Boss_429

Comment

So it seems after waxing with NXT, i should not use UDQ or any other QD or liquid?

Nxt 2.0 is supposed to have the hydrophobic abilities of UDQ, so UQD will help boost that hydrophobic ability?

Comment

Originally posted by daniel View Post
                        So it seems after waxing with NXT, i should not use UDQ or any other QD or liquid?

Nxt 2.0 is supposed to have the hydrophobic abilities of UDQ, so UQD will help boost that hydrophobic ability?
                        Correct, not for at max 12 hours. And yes, UQD will boost the hydrophobic ability. Check out the video on YouTube (129D), it's amazing.

I usually apply my first coat of NXT, wait until morning. Give a wipedown if needed, 2nd coat of NXT, and then 12 hours after that start maintaining with UQD. You'd be surprised how great the car looks after each polymer sets up.
                        1998 Supermarine Blue Pearl Honda CR-V

Comment

Well, here is my first attempt with NXT... Just a question of application. I started with the cleaner wax of the three step process (probably not necessary), then used the #7 show car glaze, and am now going to apply nxt for the first time ever. Looking at the bottle, it shows to claybar, then apply nxt. Is the #7 going to prevent the nxt from bonding in any way? I wanted to use something with natural ingredients for the paint before I used a pure synthetic...just the old school thought process of natural is good for paint I guess. Can anyone tell me if I defeated my purpose?
                          2008 GT500 - Vapor Silver
                          2002 SVT Focus - CD Silver

Comment

Originally posted by 2008GT500 View Post
                            Well, here is my first attempt with NXT... Just a question of application. I started with the cleaner wax of the three step process (probably not necessary), then used the #7 show car glaze, and am now going to apply nxt for the first time ever. Looking at the bottle, it shows to claybar, then apply nxt. Is the #7 going to prevent the nxt from bonding in any way? I wanted to use something with natural ingredients for the paint before I used a pure synthetic...just the old school thought process of natural is good for paint I guess. Can anyone tell me if I defeated my purpose?
                            No, you will not have any trouble with NXT bonding to the surface. Thats whats great about all Meguiars products, they work very well together in endless combinations. You have a great polish #7 and now seal the look in with some NXT!
                            Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
                            Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

Comment

I actually tried this method. After washing my car, I clayed it and used ScratchX, then Tech Wax. I then waited 12 hours for the POLYMERS to cure to the paint, then applied another layer. It did not add extra gloss, however, most likely just added protection. It is so crucial to apply the product (in this case, Tech Wax) evenly, otherwise, the finish will be streaky and hazy, especially on direct sunlight.

Comment

Hi there!
                                I now learned from this thread, that u can improve the look of NXT Wax by giving it a curing time up to 12 hours to enhance the gloss of it...
                                Back here in good ole germany rumors spread that u could boost the appearance of NXT by "baking" the car during curing in full sunlight...
                                e.g.: You apply the first coat of NXT, wipe it of after 20 min. Roll your car in broad daylight and let the sun bake your NXT coat to special endurance...
                                Is this a false information? Is it contra productive to "bake" your NXT coat during curing time?
                                Proud owner of:
                                Quik Clay Detailing System, Scratch X, NXT Tech Wax 1.0 (liquid and paste), High Endurance, Natural Shine, #80, #82, #83, #84, APC, Last Touch, #34, #16, Megs Glass Cleaner Concentrate, Megs Soft Wash Gel, Megs Smooth Surface Clay Kit, Megs Ultimate Quik Detailer

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');