• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Ultimate System" Results

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Ultimate System" Results

I’ll begin by saying that the ‘system’ works well. Sorry, I have no pictures, just gonna have to take my word, I guess.
    After the winter mayhem, instead of getting her car ‘caught up‘, I wanted to wait and really give the ‘Ultimate System’ a good go. It has been kept clean etc, but not up to ‘our’ standards.

Car in question: 2000 Subaru Outback, black. A genuine daily driver. Swirls and smallish scratches from the long miserable winter. Lives in the garage when not being driven.

“Stuff” Used: Ultimate Compound
    Ultimate Polish
    Ultimate Wax
    Ultimate Quik Detailer
    5 ½ “ Orange, White, Black CCS Pads
    4” Orange, White, Blue CCS Pads
    PCXP
    Couple o’ beers

Process: I did clay the horizontal surfaces (hood, roof, areas by the side windows), the vertical surfaces passed the ‘Baggie Test.’

I first tried the polish with a white pad just to see what would need more correction. As I figured at the on set, the hood/roof were gonna need some help.

The sides came out much better than I thought they would. Enough so, I did not need to use UC on all of the area(s). Just a few spots here and there.

I used a 5 ½ “ Orange with the UC on the hood and was able to remove 95-98% of the scratches with just one section pass. For the those little areas that needed help, I switched to a 4” and hit those spots separately. Surprisingly, just using the UC…I could have easily called it good and moved on to UW (liquid).

I went back over the whole with a 5 ½ “ and 4” black pads using UPolish. After this step, I looked to see what needed help. There were a few deeper scratches here and there. To be honest, I wasn’t going to chase them down. It was (yes, past tense) those defects that we have trained ourselves to recognize.

I then used a 4” blue and Uwax. Did two panels, then wiped off the first one, applied to panel 3, wipe off number 2 panel…on and on. EASY removal! It was during the wipe off, those pesky scratches just seemed to glow at me. Oh well, “I‘ll just let the wax cure overnight and hit those areas tomorrow.”

Next morning, as I was grabbing a new 4 incher…I can’t find the scratches! Moved the car out onto the daylight to see how the UW laid down…some ‘splotchy’ areas. Gentle wipe with a TINY bit of UQD took care of that. Here’s the kicker (to me)…no scratches! Best I can figure is, as the UW cured, it filled just enough to hide them. Time will tell, for how long.

My Disclaimer: I have been a ‘brown bottle’ user for many years. That’s not to say, I haven’t used other product lines…just more aligned with ‘brown’. With the results I had with the Ultimate line, the ease and satisfaction in using it… I may very well be using more black than brown in the future.

Good job Meguiar’s!

Thanx for reading...

Bill

Re: "Ultimate System" Results

Bill,

Got a little confused by the brown bottle references. You mentioned a couple of beers and that's what threw me off!!

Sounds like you had a good experience. I think you made a good decision to go over the car with Ultimate Polish before going straight to Ultimate Wax. UP is a great product. I've kinda gotten in the habit of using a Meguiar's yellow pad, then a black pad. Does a little correction before polishing.

I've used a technique similar to your's for Ultimate Wax in addition to waiting a couple of hours. Goes on and off quickly your way. Just had a client take a recently Ultimate waxed car on a trip and he loved how easily the car cleaned up after a rain.

I too usually find something after I wax, but unlike you the defect is still there the next day. Perhaps a matter of severity.

Great write-up. Please include a photo when time permits.

"fishing for swirls in a sea of black"
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    David

Comment

Originally posted by wifpd4 View Post
      Bill,

Got a little confused by the brown bottle references. You mentioned a couple of beers and that's what threw me off!!
      Great write-up. Please include a photo when time permits.
      David,

I was referring to the Mirror Glaze line...the adult soda comes in green bottles (Henry Weinhards Ale).

Thanx for the kind words...no pics, just can't get my Brownie Hawkeye to download, no matter how close I hold to the CPU. To be honest, it just never dawned on me to shoot some.

My whole idea (to myself only) was to see if I could get decent results (in my eyes) using the Ultimate products as a (no disrespect intended!) weekender would or could. Needless to say, the answer is big YES.

Bill

Comment

Ahhhh, this makes much more sense to me now.

Not sure the younger detailers here would know Brownie or Polaroid.

"fishing for swirls in a sea of black"
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        David

Comment

I have to say I have been AMAZED at the Ultimate line. I too started out and used for a LOT of years the brown bottles.... with the results and virtually unlimited options why bother with anything else? This time around I used the Compound to stunning results had a brown bottle of polish left and then after some other work did try the Ultimate Wax pretty much to see how it would work on future jobs. Holly smokes it IS that much better.

It has crossed my mind on what marketing is going to call any future products. Zeus God of Wax line?

Larry

Are you holding the brownie upside down, near the ethernet connection (the BIG female plug in thingy?) :-)

Comment

[QUOTE=Are you holding the brownie upside down, near the ethernet connection (the BIG female plug in thingy?) :-)[/QUOTE]

That's funny!

Bill

Comment

Working...
            X
            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');