• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Choosing a hand application pad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Choosing a hand application pad

So what is everyones opinion on applicator pads for polish and wax? I really like the foam over the terry cloth pads, they seem to work better for me. Does anyone know the pros and cons of the foam vs the terry?

Also, does anyone know if I can purchase the black applicator pads that come in the ultimate wax? I know you get one with each bottle but I would love to have others to use with products.

Re: Choosing a hand application pad

Foam pads are the way to go. The only time you should need to use a terry cloth pad would be when you want to bump up the aggressiveness of a product because the foam pad / product combo isn't getting the job done. Typically, you will then need to follow up with a less aggressive product with the foam pad to remove any marring that terry cloth typically instills.
    You can purchase the foam pads in 2 and 4 packs in yellow. The black foam pad is the same as the yellow except the color and the fact that it only comes with the Ultimate Wax package.

Comment

I like foam.

MF is ok, some people like it.

You dont want terry for regular use.
      2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Have you tried the Meguiar's S3HP?

S3HP is a 3-inch hand pad with hook side like a backing plate (*except 3M).
        You can use the S3HP with any 3-4 inch hook and loop foam pad for DA polisher.
        I use S3HP with the W8204 or W9204 Meguiar's 4-inch polishing/finishing pad with Ultimate Compound, Swirl X, or any paste, liquid wax. Sometimes I also use S3HP with Lake Country and other brand pads.

I have small hands so S3HP doesnt fit exactly in my hands but I like the even pressure S3HP can apply rather than concentrating on my finger tips when I use the yellow foam applicator.
        Dennis
        Nissan Fuga | 日產 風雅 | 日産 フーガ

Comment

Working...
        X
        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');