• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gold Class Carnuba Wax? Any Information?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gold Class Carnuba Wax? Any Information?

I just got the Gold Class Paste Wax...I tried applying it...It is very greasy..Smells nice though..It goes on very easily...I let it dry for plenty of time...not too long though. Just enough to pass the finger test. Then I got out my microfiber cloth and tried removing it and it was very hard to remove without leaving streaks of wax. I had to go over it numerous times and it just would not come off all of the way. There are strange blotches in my paint where the wax didnt quite come off...If you were to wipe these streaks they smear in a different direction and they just dont come off...I am very dissappointed...Any Advice?

Re: Gold Class Carnuba Wax? Any Information?

Probably just applied a little thick in places. Often one spot passes the test, and a spot that was applied thicker is still wet. The more prep you do before hand (clay, clean, etc) also helps things apply thinner easier.

As far as fixing it... it might just fade away. You could QD the area if you had some QD maybe. Or the next wash should fix it.
    2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

I had to apply same wax twice and very THIN applications before I got rid of blotches.

Comment

Check out this link Mike Phillips wrote a great article on how to remove wax
        Don
        12/27/2015
        "Darth Camaro"
        2013 Camaro ... triple black
        323 hp V6, 6 speed manual

Comment

Originally posted by cljolley View Post

If you were to wipe these streaks they smear in a different direction and they just dont come off...

These streaks are chemical residuals. If you were to bust out a brand new micro fiber towel, or any towel for that matter, as long as the towel is clean and fresh, in my experiences, those streaks should go away. I've experienced streaking with instant detailers, Optimum in particular. When I switch to a new, clean towel, the streaks go bye, bye.

If you're having difficulty removing a wax product, it may be too thick. I have in the past, (I'm not saying this is the proper resolution) used instant detailer, or some distilled water to help remove hard, caked on product. It works.

I've never tried the GC paste, but I've tried, and have used the GC liquid for many years, and that stuff is a breeze to use

Also, it's prolly been said a kazillion times... like removes like.

Comment

Working...
          X
          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');