• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2011 F100 Western Nationals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2011 F100 Western Nationals

This years 2011 F100 Western Nationals right here in Orange County was the 29th annual event hoste by Pickups Limited. There were over 250 custom and modified F100 trucks on display, as well as my own. I wanted to share a bit of what went on this last weekend for those that were not able to attend or see photos online.

BEST OF SHOW built by my buddy Bob from BOBCO, just an awesome build, over 5 years in the making....a 1953 F100 chopped 4 inches horizontally across the truck.....just amazing

Another favorite was this 1956 F750 that was modified and fitted on a new Chevrolet Duramax Diesel Flatbed dually frame and all....2 1956 F100 cabs fused to make the cab, Volkswagen bus roof, Lexus sunroof and Hummer mirrors....

Here is a quick spin on the show....

My customers 56 F100 that is in the July 2011 Classic Trucks Magazine was also there

This was our stomping grounds....

I was lost in a see of panels

Mobile DJ guy had a sweet classic set up!

So at the end of the show I checked out my goodie bag and noticed my t-shirt was a small and I had ordered a medium. So I went for a walk to the Pickups Limited booth were they traded me out a shirt. I ran into the VP Ed and he said "Dave, you got an award!" so I followed him to receive an award for the top 15 trucks of the show....My dad, wife, son...we were all very happy to receive this award!

All those hours spent polishing out my paintwork........

Thanks for viewing....Have a great day!
    David M. Sylican
    Innovative Detailing
    Headlight Lens Restoral
    Detailing Caddy
    Join us on Facebook

Re: 2011 F100 Western Nationals

Bob's trucks are always top notch, and his latest is just crazy! For those not familiar with Effie's, there's a TON of metal work in his 55.

Thanks for sharing these pics. Every year I threaten to go to this show... and every year I've got a reason why I can't. NEXT year tho, I'll be there!

Comment

Re: 2011 F100 Western Nationals

Yea Bobco has definitely done it with his latest sculpture. And a sculpture it is considering not one panel on his '55 is fiberglass. All Ford steel, chopped, stretched, shortened, curved, widened.....simply beautiful! I wouldn't trust anyone but Bobco. Great photos! Great job on the plaque dad! We deserved it!

Comment

Working...
      X
      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');