• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

dark vs light colored cars.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dark vs light colored cars.

I was wondering if you guy's out there found any difference in wich type of meguiars wax you use in relation to the color of the car DARK or Light.

I have a car that is midrange to darker gray. I have heard some people talk about NXT 2.0 wax being for darker cars and gold class wax more for light colored cars.
    Any opinions on that subject.

Greatings.

Stefan Vidarsson

Iceland.

Re: dark vs light colored cars.

to MOL!

Have you had a chance to read through Meguiar's 5-Step Paint Care Cycle yet?

In my experience, NXT 2.0 works great on lighter colored cars especially with metallic flakes. Ultimate wax works great on darker colored cars especially non-metallic paints. Have you tried ultimate wax yet?
    2011 Car Crazy Showcase SEMA Team

Comment

Re: dark vs light colored cars.

Thank you for the Link to Megs 5 step cycle. It was exactly what i needed. there is so much weard information on the internet.

Here in iceland the NXT 2.0 wax has been meguiars most popular wax. I have personally used it exclusively for some years. On varius cars i have owned both dark and light colored with great results. It might be time for me to try the Ultimate wax. I am pretty new to full detailing. I jused to always just wash my cars very well down an wax after that. After some reading on the internet i realised i was missing the all important preperation and cleaning steps. That's where the 5 step cycle will really come in handy.
      I just ordered me some ultimate wash and wax -Ultimate compound and the ultimate smoth surface clay kit last week and am looking forward to finnaly clean and prep my car like a pro before waxing. Maybe next time i order me some ultimate polish and wax to see the difference from NXT 2.0.

Stefan Vidarsson

Comment

Working...
      X
      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');