• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Detailing 2007 Volkswagen Passat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Detailing 2007 Volkswagen Passat

Detailing 2007 Volkswagen Passat

Hello,
    first I would like to thank you all who helped me in this forum. I really appreciate your support, since I really had no clue at beginning. I have always kept my car clean and in good condition, but when I bought a black car it started… I really like to polish it an I keep it clean even more often than before.

Last week my colleague asked me if I would polish his black VW Passat. I’ve made some photos, I regret I haven’t done any more. But for the first review I hope it would be quite OK…

The products and tools I’ve used:

Wash:
    Sonax Car wash
    Microfibre wash mitt

Cleaning step:
    Meguiars Clay bar (white)
    Meguiars Last touch : distilled water (1 : 1)

Paint correction:
    Hand:
    Gelson 1010 Rapid Cut 40065
    Gelson One Shot 40360
    Machine:
    Meguiars Ultimate Compound + Soft Buff 2.0 polishing pad + Kestrel Das 6 DA polisher (speed 4)
    Meguiars Swirlx + Soft Buff 2.0 polishing pad + Kestrel Das 6 DA polisher (speed 3)

Polishing:
    Meguiars M07 Show car glaze + Soft Buff 2.0 finishing pad + Kestrel Das 6 DA polisher (speed 2)

Protection:
    Meguiars Gold Class Liquid Wax + Soft Buff 2.0 finishing pad + Kestrel Das 6 (speed 2)

Some scratches were corrected with original paint with thin paintbrush and then polished after.

Total work: 21 hours.

Here are some before and after photos:

Any comments are welcome :-)

Re: Detailing 2007 Volkswagen Passat

Great work ! Some scratches seemed very deep in the before pics.
    Maybe some pictures out of the garage would have been nice to see.

Comment

Thanks! Yes, some scratches were very deep, I refilled them with paint and then worked on with abrasive polish. I'm sorry I haven't taken more photos, I'll do that the next time. I believe that polishing this car was good "entry ticket" for polishing some more cars, since the owner was very satisfied.

I forgot to mention, for swirl spotting I've used:
      Led torch SSC P7 (900 lm)
      Portable halogen reflector 500W
      Portable neon light.

The last two were ment to be fitted on the wall, but they were modified, so I can carry them around.

Comment

excellent work! cool! after 3 days I will be working with the Passat CC. photo report will be required)
        Moscow

Comment

Good, please show us photos when you're done!

Comment

of course) tell me about the paint on the Passat as it is hard (how hard it is to remove scratches)? For example, in MultiVan very hard paint.
            Moscow

Comment

It's my first VW that I've done. I have more experience in Mercedes paint, since I've done almost only Mercedeses so far. This VW paint was a little bit softer than Mercedes'. But i think it was still quite hard.

Comment

Thank you very much ,B_MB)
                Moscow

Comment

You' re welcome!

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');