• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wash, clay, compound, polish, wax

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wash, clay, compound, polish, wax

I have a dark navy blue saturn vue that is in need of some work. It has bonded material and light scratches. I am trying to speed up the process so I am considering doing the following, any input would be greatly appreciated.

Washing
    Is it necessary to dry before proceding?
    Claying using water or Quick Detailer
    Do i need to dry again or will the next step remove any water spots?
    Ultimate Compound
    Can I go straight to next step or is there a wait time?
    Ultimate Polish
    Ultimate Wax
    Sit back and admire the hard work

Also, is it ok to use old clay bar on the windshield? It is factory, glass should be harder to scratch than clear coat. Didnt know if factory tinting should be a concern.

Re: Wash, clay, compound, polish, wax

Washing
    Is it necessary to dry before proceding?
    Claying using water or Quick Detailer
    Do i need to dry again or will the next step remove any water spots?
    You can clay with the car wet... but want to keep it wet. So would want to re-spray the car every so often.

But you would want teh car dry one way or another before going on to the cleaning products.

Ultimate Compound
    You can go to that once done claying, and then move on to a milder cleaning step if needed after.

Ultimate Polish
    You can go right to waxing.

Ultimate Wax
    Sit back and admire the hard work
    2 thin coats is best, waiting a few minutes in between if possible. If you are going to keep after it, you could do 1 now, and one again soon.

Also, is it ok to use old clay bar on the windshield? It is factory, glass should be harder to scratch than clear coat. Didnt know if factory tinting should be a concern.
    I wouldnt use clay from the wheels. But clay form the paint can be used on glass.

And you would just clay the outside, so tinting wont matter.
    2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Working...
    X
    gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');