• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WeatherTech Floor liners and Hyper Dressing!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WeatherTech Floor liners and Hyper Dressing!

I was cleaning my winter WeatherTech Floor Liners for storage, as they take a beating here in Central Massachusetts. I've never gotten them to look as good as new, but it dawned on me to try Hyper Dressing after I scrubbed the winter crud off.

I used APC to get the winter leavings off (1:10 works fine), rinsed, let them dry, then shot them with Hyper Dressing at "I think" a 2:1 ratio. I mixed it last year when I was spraying the engine compartment and I think thats what I settled on for gloss.

Granted, this is all cosmetic, because they will get trashed up the first snow-storm, but they'll look good in the meantime, and gives a warm feeling when I pull them back out in November.

My Flickr set for it here: http://bit.ly/nU0xqu

Eddie
    1995 Plymouth Neon Sport Coupe - Nitro Yellowgreen
    1998 Plymouth Neon ACR sedan - Bright Platinum
    2006 Ford Fusion SE V6 - Silver Frost
    Red Bull and vodka tastes worse than gasoline.

Re: WeatherTech Floor liners and Hyper Dressing!

Looks good Eddie but wouldn't that be slippery?
    2011 Car Crazy Showcase SEMA Team

Comment

I too think it will be slippery. When I bought my WT's last fall I sprayed some Nat Shine protectant on them & wiped it off; way too slick for me so I cleaned the protectant off & haven't put anything on since then; strictly wash & dry. The WT's material is somewhat slick to begin with, at least mine are, but maybe the Hyper D will be different.

Comment

Originally posted by Marc08EX View Post
        Looks good Eddie but wouldn't that be slippery?
        I wondered about that, but after the first snow, sand and salt storm, I'll bet the gloss will get worn to satin and take on the course and dirty coating.

Be worth for me to give an update in mid-winter (help deal with hibernation blues...)
        Eddie
        1995 Plymouth Neon Sport Coupe - Nitro Yellowgreen
        1998 Plymouth Neon ACR sedan - Bright Platinum
        2006 Ford Fusion SE V6 - Silver Frost
        Red Bull and vodka tastes worse than gasoline.

Comment

Yes, they will be deathly slippery. But for storage purposes, they're fine.

For the record, don't ever put a dressing on floormats unless it is Interior Quik Detailer. The floormats will end up too dangerous to drive with.

Colin
          A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.

Comment

Working...
          X
          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');