• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

paint looses smoothness after waxing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• paint looses smoothness after waxing

this is the weirdest thing. right after washing my paint is smooth as glass (just clayed not too long ago) but after waxing and buffing, the paint feels gritty, even though i make sure to buff ALL the wax off and do 2-3 final swipes.

maybe its because im using an old can of first generation nxt wax i found in my basement? dont judge me.. it still works great and i dont want to waste it :P

Re: paint looses smoothness after waxing

Greetings from the SW side...

Are you using a microfiber applicator? Seems odd since it's smooth before you start, how old is the bottle? I've never seen anything like that with NXT.
    2000 Ford Explorer XLT "Deuce"
    2007 Toyota Camry XLE

Comment

representin g-rap!

im using a terry cloth pad applicator, and microfiber towels to remove/buff. its actually paste, not liquid, and i think its around 5-6 years old xD

Comment

and your terry cloth & buffing towels are clean, right? Working indoors or out? I wonder if there's an expiration date on the can.

Comment

We are not judging you. Use what you like and if it works for you then thats great.

But I would maybe try a different wax/sealant just to see what happens and to see whether or not it is the product your using.
          Nick
          Tucker's Detailing Services
          815-954-0773
          2012 Ford Transit Connect

Comment

Does your terry cloth pad have a foam core? Could it be coming apart leaving foam dust on the paint? I would get a new foam applicator pad. Wash the car and start over. I don't see the wax being a problem just shake it up good. Just to check put some on your fingers and see if it feels gritty. It could be full of dried wax grit now that I think about it. Get new wax and a new pad it's only $20.

Comment

The original Nxt never was my favorite...
              2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

the pad is relatively new, and i wash it thoroughly with dawn between each use. theres no expire date on the can but its almost gone anyways, so im not going to worry that much. after this im buying some ultimate paste wax

Comment

Working...
                X
                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');