• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ultimate Polish vs #7 Mirror Glaze

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ultimate Polish vs #7 Mirror Glaze

I have not been able to find the #7 Mirror Glaze on the shelf lately, has it been replaced by the UP Pre Wax Glaze? If not, what are the differences and is #7 still available?

Re: Ultimate Polish vs #7 Mirror Glaze

Quoting Mr. Stoops,

Ultimate Polish is derived from M205 in much the same way Ultimate Compound is derived from M105. So it does have some fine SMAT abrasives in it, unlike M07 which is a pure polish. It gives the same sort of long buffing cycle that M205 does when used with a D/A but the final feel to the finish is more like what M07 leaves. Very nice surface refining and plenty of polishing oils in this one. If you've got a dark colored car it will noticeably darken and richen the appearance.
    In this discussion:

http://meguiarsonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=46203

Yes, M07 is more difficult to find in retail stores. I believe Mr. Stoops indicated AutoZone is now carrying more of the professional level products. O'Reilly's has it on a separate shelf in the back of the store near the professional body supplies, not with the consumer products.
    Last edited by wifpd4; Jul 9, 2011, 05:12 PM. Reason: Additional comment about M07 availability

"fishing for swirls in a sea of black"
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    David

Comment

Thanks...after doing some more reding it appears consumer vs professional product.

Comment

Originally posted by JonH View Post
        Thanks...after doing some more reding it appears consumer vs professional product.
        As far as purchasing, that is a very true statement.

The difference is also about a Cleaner/Polish versus a Pure Polish.

Not sure if you are familiar with SMAT technology, but here is a couple of comments talking about Ultimate Polish:

From the perspective of the polishing oils alone it isn't going to yield anything very different from other pure polishes. But since it utilizes SMAT abrasives it can increase the clarity of the finish much the way M205 does, especially when used with a D/A. That can be very beneficial on lighter colors as it helps achieve a nice crisp finish.
        SMAT
        Meguiar's Super Micro Abrasives Technology
        With technology comes advancements. We simply developed a new style / mix of abrasive(s) we refer to as “Super Micro Abrasive Technology”. We can say, this new "style" of abrasives are very small and do not "breakdown" like OUR diminishing abrasive technology does. This new abrasive technology is exclusive to Meguiar’s and is not available to any other company.

M07 is a pure polish and recommended use is with a Rotary Buffer (hand, orbital and DA too).

Although Ultimate Polish could be used with Rotary, it's recommended for use with a DA (hand and orbital, too).
        Last edited by wifpd4; Jul 9, 2011, 05:40 PM. Reason: Clarification

"fishing for swirls in a sea of black"
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        David

Comment

Another thank you!

I wonder why the abrassive doen't diminish with polishing, you would think it would help buff to a smoother finish and a higher gloss, but that is just me thinking out loud.

Comment

My Pepboys carries #7.

Comment

I was a #7 user in the past, but find that the new Ult Polish seems to combine the polishing and the glaze in one product; really deepens the color and wetness. I finish off with BlackFire Wet Diamond and Danase Wet Glaze (now Wet Glaze 2.0). The wet glaze is not really a glaze in the traditional sense...a gloss enhancer...like a HD detailing spray. Really "POPS" the paint.

Jim

Comment

Originally posted by jaymz View Post
                I was a #7 user in the past, but find that the new Ult Polish seems to combine the polishing and the glaze in one product; really deepens the color and wetness. I finish off with BlackFire Wet Diamond and Danase Wet Glaze (now Wet Glaze 2.0). The wet glaze is not really a glaze in the traditional sense...a gloss enhancer...like a HD detailing spray. Really "POPS" the paint.

Jim
                +1 on the UP. It cuts two steps into one when I'm doing someone's car. I usually use UC, UP then whichever LSP I find appropriate. I do have and use 105, 205, and 7 but only when I am doing a vehicle to perfection as the 105 dusts a lot and the process is considerably more time consuming.

Comment

I looked for #7 forever but i found it at O'Reilly's. I just called my local store and had them look it up on the computer what store had it in stock...

This is my first post..

Comment

Originally posted by Nasty View Post
                    I looked for #7 forever but i found it at O'Reilly's. I just called my local store and had them look it up on the computer what store had it in stock...

This is my first post..
                    Yeah, O'Reilly's has a few of the pro products, but most of them are old technology; they don't carry #105/#205. Makes you wonder how long they've been sitting on the shelf and why their buyer has his/her head up his ***.

Also from MN (Red Wing).

Jim

Comment

Working...
                    X
                    gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');