• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New PC owner! Here's my plan.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New PC owner! Here's my plan.....

I should be getting my PC and pads kit from Autopia early next week.

I have two cars. 1. 2000 Black Renault Clio. 2. 2004 Met. Blue Mazda 6 Estate.

I have been using NXT Tech wax on the Mazda and the paint is still in showroom condition. But I got the Clio second-hand and the paint had been neglected. I clayed it and firstly used Cleaner Wax then topped it off with NXT x 2. It looks good but the terrible winter Northern Ireland weather soon makes it look shabby again.

What I plan to do is use #80 Speed Glaze on both cars then DC#2 Polish then 2 x layers of NXT.

How does this sound? I am considering putting #16 on top of the NXT but I will wait to see the result first. Also, what pad should I use with #80 and DC#2? I am only getting 1 x orange, 1x green and 1x blue.

Thanks

Re: New PC owner! Here's my plan.....

Originally posted by NIfreaky
    What I plan to do is use #80 Speed Glaze on both cars then DC#2 Polish then 2 x layers of NXT.

How does this sound?
    Sounds good. The M80 Speed Glaze is actually pretty rich in polishing oils so you can actually skip applying the Deep Crystal Polish if you like and go straight to wax.

I am considering putting #16 on top of the NXT but I will wait to see the result first. Also, what pad should I use with #80 and DC#2? I am only getting 1 x orange, 1x green and 1x blue.

Thanks
    The orange Sonus pad is a cutting pad and Meguiar's doesn't recommend using a cutting pad with a dual action polisher. I'm pretty sure their equivalent to our W-8006 foam polishing pad would be the Green pad, use this with the M80 Speed Glaze and apply the wax with the blue pad.

Hope this helps...

Mike
    Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

I would agree with Mike on the speed glaze (thats good of me lol ) Below is my clio bonnet after polishing the left side with #80 speed glaze. I was realy happy with the rich look and saw no need to add further products, bar of course the NXT

If you can guess how many coins are in my pocket I will give you both ;-)

Comment

I thought I would take a photo of the Mazda and put it on here. It has just rained so it's the best I can do for a couple of days. The car was washed two days ago.

I will take one of the Clio over the weekend.

Comment

And here is the Clio. It really is in need of a clean.

Comment

Ok, my turn......

I started my 2000 Clio 1.4S at 11am with my new PC.
            1. NXT wash
            2. Hot Rims wheel cleaner
            3. Quick clay including wheels and windows.
            4. #83 DACP with Megs 8006 pad.
            5. #80 Speedglaze with Sonus "green"
            6. NXT Tech Wax with Sonus "Blue"
            7. NXT Tech Protectant on all Trim
            8. Hot Shine on tyres
            9. PlastX on headlamps and rear reg. plate light lens (looked yellow before)
            10. Daterra Reserve Espresso made with home roasted beans.

Phew.....finished at 3pm.
            I'm sure there is something I've forgotten about. It was very misty here today and the #80 & #83 didn't really dry. I didn't know if I had worked them for long enough and the #83 DACP was quite hard to take off. Still some bad scratches but the swirls have gone. The bonnet/hood is beyond polishing. Just too many stone chips.

The reflection is awesome now and it feels really silky to the touch. I didn't take any photos as it was starting to drizzle again when I had finished. If the weather is better tomorrow I will get another coat of NXT on and get another photo.

Comment

Your plan sounds good. First off I like to say that the orange pad from sonus or Lake country is a light cutting/polishing pad. I does not haze the paint any where near of what the Meguiars Marron pad will. You can actually use #80 with it and go straight to wax with it. However since you are working with black you should follow up with a polishing pad like the green or 8006. Don't be afraid to use the orange pad if the defects are not coming out. Working with #83 is diificult in heavy moisture area like Ireland. You should work the product in until you have a film that looks transparent. Then mop it up with a towel and wait a few minutes to make a final pass with a clean towel. Use #80 the same way. You don't have to wait for the product to haze like a wax. Well hope to see your good work soon.
              Eddie

Comment

I finally got good enough weather to get some P21S on top of all that!

Here are a few photos.... The last one is my fav!

Last edited by NIfreaky; Mar 27, 2005, 08:16 AM.

Comment

Working...
                X
                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');