• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cleaning Meguiar's 9007 2.0 Buffing Pads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cleaning Meguiar's 9007 2.0 Buffing Pads

I just completed my detailing, which included clay, #7 and NXT 2.0 on my 06 shadow mica 4runner. The end result was well worth the 6 hrs of work! As for cleaning the pads, I ran the G110 V2 against a towel, but not really sure that did a real thorough job cleaning the pad. For both steps i used the 9007 finishing pads. I was thinking of using dish soap and warm water to clean them. Would that be ok? I read in some places that the preferred method is to not clean then, but i personally would feel more comfortable cleaning them just in case any dirt got on them.

Second, even after cleaning should the pads only be used with the product they were originally used with?

Re: Cleaning Meguiar's 9007 2.0 Buffing Pads

Chris, M07 Show Car Glaze has no cleaning ability, it's just a pure polish, if a car needs claying there's usually need for a paint cleaner as well. You can even use cleaner polish or cleaner wax to prep your surface.

I think you meant W9207 7" Soft Buff 2.0 buffing pads. You can machine wash them or hand wash them. You could soak them in mix of water and dishwashing soap for 15-20 minutes, agitate them and then rinse them. If they're really dirty half a cup of Simple Green can be used mixed with water for soaking. All Purpose Cleaner (or Cleaner Plus) and Super Degreaser could serve as well.

After your pads are clean and dry you can use them with different products.

Comment

Working...
    X
    gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');