• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Using #9 by hand

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Using #9 by hand

I am thinking of trying #9 and wondered how effective it is on micromarring (my truck is black, what can I say!) when applied by hand. My paint is in excellent condition and has a minumum amount of the dreaded scourge of dark colored cars. My usual regimen is DC#2 followed by NXT. One thing I have noticed is that when I use a terry cloth applicator for the DC#2, I seem to get better results than from a foam one. At least as far as the swirl/micromarring removal is concerned. Any tips? Also...#7, is it as good on black as I've read about? Any tips on it's use also.
    Black......the ONLY color!

Hi SVT Lightning,

Best use for M09 to remove swirls and scratches is by machine application. I think it would be worth trying however as you never know what you can do until you try. You might consider using Meguiar's new Even Coat Applicator as the microfiber together with the diminishing abrasive in the M09 Swirl Remover 2.0 just enough bite to level the finish without instilling any swirls.

Each week at our detailing classes we demonstrate how to remove swirls and scratches by hand using ScratchX with a foam applicator pad and to date have always been very successful.

Any of Meguiar's pure polishes are going to bring out the full richness, depth and clarity of black paint. This would include Deep Crystal Polish, (easily found at most auto parts stores), M07 Show Car Glaze or M81 Hand Polish.

Remember to apply a thin coating, work in well and then remove with a clean, soft microfiber polishing cloth or a clean, soft plush 100% cotton towel like our new Ultra Plush Super Terry

Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Working...
    X
    gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');