• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Upgrade complete - what do you think?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Upgrade complete - what do you think?

I'd also add a nit about how redish bar with white highlights and white text is pretty hard to read. Not quite enough contrast. A very minor nit, but I hate squinting and straining to read things.
    Jim
    My Gallery

Comment

I am going to need new glasses to read the posts. The fonts are so small.

Comment

Mike, I like the changes. But I'm used to the vBulletin format on other forums I frequent, so this puts MOL in familiar territory. Of course, I just read Kevin Brown's clandestine Microfiber pads thread, so I just wanna be sure that that we weren't using the new format all along, cleverly disguised as the old format...

Comment

It's gonna take some time to get used to, but I do like the changes!!

Andy M.
          Keeping MOL family friendly! If you need help or have a question, don't hesitate to shoot me an email or PM. 101impala@gmail.com
          Andy M. Moderator

Comment

The new look is certainly fresh, but I agree with some of the posts in here that the font/text size is too small. My eyes were having trouble focussing on pretty much everything in here and for me it was really difficult to read the posts with any ease.

I upped the page percentage view to 125% on my browser, and suddenly the site was spot on.

Comment

When showing recent posts or activity, please include a link for the category it falls under. Myself, I'm always inclined to see people's latest detail projects. And you needn't give a preview of the post...just use the topic name and the category.
              My 2
              Ray...
              Graphic Designer and detail semi-freak!

Comment

I'm having the same issue when attempting to load images, though if I manually type out the code, they work just fine. Not sure what's up with that.

Also having some difficulty using the "Go Advanced" option for replying to a thread. I tried twice to edit my reply in another thread, but this is all that's showing up:

Edited to add - appears as though there is a time limit on editing posts; that limit must have expired between me hitting "edit post" and actually saving it. Oh, well.

Comment

Something I had in the back of my mind was seeing the start date of a thread. It's there now. Nice, thanks.

Can/may we do attachments?

"fishing for swirls in a sea of black"
                  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                  David

Comment

Did someone mention the lack of a location?

Comment

I don't like the layout of " Recent Forum Posts. " If it were on paper it would be Cash Register Tape. It should have it's own page. It is a lot of scrolling to read it all.

Comment

I really like the new layout. More colorful. The AutoSave mode is a great feature.

Good job, Meguiar's Team.

Comment

I keep getting this error message when I try to log on

Invalid Redirect URL (http://meguiarsonline.com/)

When I try to log in after that the 2nd time, it works.

Anyone else experiencing this?

Is it just mine, or are the buttons in the advanced mode a bit dim, almost hazy, like they have a gray layer over them? Is there a way to make them bold and stand out some more?

Code:
                          System.out.printline "I like how we have the option to put source code in lol"

I once put swirls in my paint just to see what it looked like.

I don't always detail cars, but when I do, I prefer Meguiar's.
                          Remove swirls my friends.

Comment

I like it- looks very streamlined. The auto-save is nice too!
                            2000 Ford Explorer XLT "Deuce"
                            2007 Toyota Camry XLE

Comment

The advanced search by user omits my recent and older posts. Asking for more posts this forum under id gets them.

Comment

I personally don't like vb4 vs vb3, but you guys have done a really good implementation that doesn't seem to slow down as much as most vb4 site I've seen. Kudos!
                                Huntsville's Premiere Car and Bike e-magazine: www.huntsvillecarscene.com

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');