• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My Pontiac after going over it with Meguiars Ultimate wash, polish and wax...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Pontiac after going over it with Meguiars Ultimate wash, polish and wax...

Enjoy!
    Strader327

Professional photographer and owner of STRADER Motorsports Photography

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Strad...41121349262327

Re: My Pontiac after going over it with Meguiars Ultimate wash, polish and wax...

Originally posted by strader327 View Post

I was curious you guys, I know it looks shiny but if I keep it waxed every month will it get even shiner or can you only make a car shiny so far? Is car shinyness unlimited or is there a limit to it? From what I can tell in all seriousness there is a limit to it, but what is that limit?
    Strader327

Comment

Re: My Pontiac after going over it with Meguiars Ultimate wash, polish and wax...

Originally posted by strader327 View Post
      I was curious you guys, I know it looks shiny but if I keep it waxed every month will it get even shiner or can you only make a car shiny so far? Is car shinyness unlimited or is there a limit to it? From what I can tell in all seriousness there is a limit to it, but what is that limit?
      This is just my opinion, but "beauty is in the eye of the beholder" and there are so many factors that determine how a car looks. I think one of the basic factors is the paint on your car. What mood was the robot in when it painted the car, what kind of paint was in the paint gun at the time and how can you the owner take that paint to some level of shiny, gloss, wetness, depth of clarity, and eye popping beauty??

There is a car on MOL that I think is amazing, (I won't mention the owner's name to prevent his head from getting even bigger.) and I wish I could make mine look like his. I probably can't because he is starting with something that maybe different than what I've got. However if I wash mine carefully and thoroughly, clay it carefully and thoroughly, correct the paint carefully and thoroughly, polish it carefully and thoroughly and stop right then and look at the car with the most critical eye this should be the point when the car looks it's best or darn close. When I wax, in my opinion, I will be adding a certain amount of depth and most definitely adding an amount of reflectivity.

Do I think "Is car shinyness unlimited"? I think there are limits to differences my eye can see and you may be able to see differences I can't. I think the foundation upon which you place the wax is very important and I can't envision monthly or weekly waxing is going to improve that. I have to keep improving what I put the wax on top of. Perhaps you're at that point you need to experiment with different processes and products to get the look you are after.

I must say in the video your car looks pretty darn good and if you were into that kind of thing, you could fry up some pretty good frog legs out of that pond.

"fishing for swirls in a sea of black"
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      David

Comment

I would have to agree with David. Not all paints can be brought to the same level of shinyness. For example, an aftermarket custom paint job, where extra paint was laid down and has been wet sanded for a completely flat surface (no orange peel) is going to look amazing when completely swirl free.

I once put swirls in my paint just to see what it looked like.

I don't always detail cars, but when I do, I prefer Meguiar's.
        Remove swirls my friends.

Comment

Originally posted by wifpd4 View Post
          This is just my opinion, but "beauty is in the eye of the beholder" and there are so many factors that determine how a car looks. I think one of the basic factors is the paint on your car. What mood was the robot in when it painted the car, what kind of paint was in the paint gun at the time and how can you the owner take that paint to some level of shiny, gloss, wetness, depth of clarity, and eye popping beauty??

There is a car on MOL that I think is amazing, (I won't mention the owner's name to prevent his head from getting even bigger.) and I wish I could make mine look like his. I probably can't because he is starting with something that maybe different than what I've got. However if I wash mine carefully and thoroughly, clay it carefully and thoroughly, correct the paint carefully and thoroughly, polish it carefully and thoroughly and stop right then and look at the car with the most critical eye this should be the point when the car looks it's best or darn close. When I wax, in my opinion, I will be adding a certain amount of depth and most definitely adding an amount of reflectivity.

Do I think "Is car shinyness unlimited"? I think there are limits to differences my eye can see and you may be able to see differences I can't. I think the foundation upon which you place the wax is very important and I can't envision monthly or weekly waxing is going to improve that. I have to keep improving what I put the wax on top of. Perhaps you're at that point you need to experiment with different processes and products to get the look you are after.

I must say in the video your car looks pretty darn good and if you were into that kind of thing, you could fry up some pretty good frog legs out of that pond.

Thank you so much for your response, but I just gotta ask where can I see this other car you are talking about? I want to see it so I can compare it with mine.
          Strader327

Comment

Working...
          X
          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');