• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Meguiar's Guitar Care products (Sold under the Fender name)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by John_Wayne777
    You should hear how they sound....

Oh gosh...I just got back from one of my favourite local guitar stores.

They have a Taylor with some amazing fretboard inlays, soundboard inlays, and a wonderful rosette. The fretboard inlays are two whales intertwining, the soundboard one is a three-mast ship, and the rosette is a rope with nautical knots.

Sure, it looks good...but just pick the thing up. Only one word can describe it: Auralgasm.

I admire your Taylor very much, John_Wayne. Very much. I've always been impressed with Taylors, more so than I have with Martins (never been fond of the M's).
    "Son, crying in your milk is bad enough; crying in your hot fudge sundae is just disgusting."
    R.A. Heinlein

Comment

theres aa really good guitar polish made by Kiethhollandguitars.com its a local shop here i tried it and it works really good dont know if u can order it online though but i heard the fender/meguires stuff is good

Comment

Re: Meguiar's Guitar Care products (Sold under the Fender name)

If you look at the first chapter of Dan Erlewine's book "Guitar Player Repair Guide", he actually recommends #7 Show Car Glaze for cleaning guitar finishes!

I use it all the time on my Les Paul and Ibanez RG550, though for my Seagull and Art and Lutherie acoustics I just use a damp cloth.
        It's Zetec, not VTEC...

Comment

Re: Meguiar's Guitar Care products (Sold under the Fender name)

Originally posted by angusdope View Post
          If you look at the first chapter of Dan Erlewine's book "Guitar Player Repair Guide", he actually recommends #7 Show Car Glaze for cleaning guitar finishes!
          He's correct, but it's not that #7 is a "Cleaner", it's just that it will have a cleaning effect when rubbed over any painted surface with some type of application material.

Same thing will happen with car paint.

Many times people make recommendations for the use of a Meguair's product that will get the job done but there actually will be a better or more specific product for the job but the author doesn't know everything about the Meguair's line so the just go with what they know.

Can't tell you how many times we've heard of people recommending #7 Show Car Glaze for use as a replacement for a rubbing compound, probably because DuPont sold a compound for years called #7
          Mike Phillips
          760-515-0444
          showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Working...
          X
          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');