• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Santa Clarita Valley Corvette Club at Meguiar’s

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Santa Clarita Valley Corvette Club at Meguiar’s

Santa Clarita Valley Corvette Club at Meguiar’s

Packing them in!

Full Class!

Good friends and good times at Meguiar's!

Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Hey Mike:

Looks like you had a great turnout for this weekends class. After having grown up in the custom Corvette business I obviously still love these cars today. I truly miss each of the Corvettes that I have owned over the years, as they are amazing cars that have literally defined American performance ever since '53.

Were there any earlier generation cars there or any with outrageous paint jobs? If so I'd love to see any additional photos that you may have shot of this event.

Good Job!!!

Regards,

Ken Little

Comment

Santa Clarita Valley Corvette Club

Mike,
      Had a great time Sat. A lot of great info, and the pizza was great too.
      Thanks again,
      Raul

Comment

I love to see all that fiberglass and plastic at the G.O.
        http://iceburgh66.tripod.com/sig6.jpg

Comment

Mike:

Thanks again for a great learning experience. It was a good time. Looking forward to trying Mequiar's products on my wife's black Volvo. Maybe I can bring it back to life with the tips you provided.

Best Wishes,
          Mark

Comment

Hi Mike,

I would like to express our appreciation for the detailing class you and Tim conducted for our Corvette Club. You guys did a fabulous job!!! It was great and everyone's questions were answered and certainly walked away with a lot more knowledge on paint car and using Meguire's products.

Both of the cars that we detailed as a group turned out fantastic and I'm sure that their owners will talk about their experience for quite some time.

Let me know when your pictures are posted to your website and I'll let our club members.

Again, the board of directors and the entire membership of the Santa Clarita Valley Corvette Club wish to thank you for a wonderful event.

Best Regards,

Howard Butler
            Activities Director
            Santa Clarita Valley Corvette Club

Comment

more pics??

I love those vettes and always interested in your Classes/events.

I'm trying to talk the wife into a C5 and some pics may help!!??

Comment

Originally posted by karll
                more pics??

I love those vettes and always interested in your Classes/events.

I'm trying to talk the wife into a C5 and some pics may help!!??
                Hi Karl,

I usualy try to get the pictures from the previous Saturday class, processed and uploaded during the first Monday after the event, so stay tuned.
                Mike Phillips
                760-515-0444
                showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

When it comes to arriving at Meguiar's, there are two distinct methods of which this takes place, one way is randomly, the otherway is by caravan. The way you tell the difference without ever seeing the cars as they arrive is by the sound in the air. You see when a caravan of Corvettes arives... you can hear it because there's a rumble in the air!

This doesn't look like a Corvette?
                  Mike Phillips
                  760-515-0444
                  showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

After everyone arrives, enjoys some coffee and donuts, stretches their legs and talks a little shop, we start with the classroom portion. Before the class starts, we ask for questions and park them on the dry erase board while we go through the Power Point Presentation. The goal is to see if we answer them all through the coarse of the presentation and if not, afterwards we do our best to address and answer each questions.

Todays class is very full and this makes for a lively period of questions and answers after the Power Point Presentation.

Mike Phillips
                    760-515-0444
                    showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

After the classroom portion we do what we call a Walk By where we walk by each of the members cars, look at the finish, ask the owner what they currently do for a car care maintenance program and then offer recommendations on how to take their results to a higher level as well as select two cars to bring into Meguiar's Garage to work on and teach proper product selection and application techniques.

Mike Phillips
                      760-515-0444
                      showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

After the Walk By, we chose two Corvettes, both that needed claying, cleaning, polishing and waxing. This is where the hands-on portion of the class starts as we strongly encourage everyone to grab some Meguiar's products and join in the process.

Here members start by wiping down the exterior finish with Meguiar's Quik Detailer and Meguiar's new ultra plush Supreme Shine Microfiber

Mike Phillips
                        760-515-0444
                        showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

After removing any light dust and fresh airborne-contaminants we moved on to the claying process using Meguiar's Quik Clay System

During the classroom portion, the question was asked, "If you have never used a clay bar before, raise your hand", we think we saw more hands go up than we had ever seen in a class session before, so we brought out the Quik Clay and Quik Detailer and invited anyone who had never clayed to grab some clay and try it out for the first time for themselves...

After seeing how great the Quik Clay System was working on the Corvettes inside Meguiar's Garage, some of the club members took advantage of the overcast skies and began claying their own cars...

Mike Phillips
                          760-515-0444
                          showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');