• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which Leather product ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which Leather product ?

I just took delivery of a brand new Toyota Venza and I got Leather seats.
    My previous car had black perforated leather so I was using Megs Wipes, but this car has light beige lether and there's so many choices of leather products.
    I would like to stick with Meguiars products.

Re: Which Leather product ?

If you are looking for convenience the wipes (G109) are hard to beat since they offer a self contained solution to leather care. If ease of use is not your primary goal, Meguiar's offers options to fit an individual's preference for application: liquid/spray, cream, gel, and even foam as all-in-one cleaner & conditioner products. These provide more effective performance compared to the wipes and would be the next logical step:

Gold Class Rich Leather Cleaner & Conditioner Gel (G179)
    Gold Class Rich Leather Cleaner & Conditioner Foam (G112)
    Gold Class Rich Leather Spray (G109)

Additionally, the spray as well as the gel have options that separate out the cleaner and conditioner into different products . If you want maximum performance and don't mind investing the time doing the job in two separate steps these products are for you:

Gold Class Leather & Vinyl Cleaner Spray (G185) / Gold Class Leather Conditioner Spray (G186)
    Gold Class Rich Leather Aloe Cleaner (G110) / Gold Class Rich Aloe Leather Conditioner (G111)

Be sure to grab yourself a few foam or microfiber pads and some microfiber towels if you select any products outside of the wipes to assist in both application and removal of excess product.

Comment

I like the Cleaner/Conditioner Spray for quick detailing, and then the separate products for deeper cleaning every so often.

Being new, if you keep after it, really wont need the stronger products much for a while.

Another option is something like the Spray for quick detailing, and then using APC/APC+ for deeper cleaning once in a while, and then just the Leather Conditioner (spray or liquid) to give a good conditioning after. This one might be the good way to go, without getting things you wont use as much.
      2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Maybe I'll give the gel a try for now, see how I like this product, Venza is much bigger than my previous car, washing takes me longer now so I'll try 1 step cleaner/conditioner for now then.
        However I'm itching to try the 2 step Aloe formula

Comment

I would honestly try to avoid any dressings since it is fresh from the factory brand new.

I would just stick to light vacumming and Quik Interior Detailer wipedowns for now.
          Nick
          Tucker's Detailing Services
          815-954-0773
          2012 Ford Transit Connect

Comment

Hi all
            I will get my new car this week in which has such interior leather (in cream).

As I understand the best way is to buy one of quick-products for normal usage plus separate products (Cleaner and Conditioner) for longer periods. Which one has more performance for normal usage?

Gold Class Rich Leather Cleaner & Conditioner Gel (G179)
            Gold Class Rich Leather Cleaner & Conditioner Foam (G112)
            Gold Class Rich Leather Spray (G109)

Thanks . . .

Comment

I'd probably prefer the gel for the best results....
              2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

With that pale color, I'd find and use a leather "protectant" product or you will live with dye transfer stains. You'd be surprised at what can stain light leather. Things like jackets, jeans, some belts, etc. The only way to keep the transfer from staining the pale leather topcoat is by using a leather protector. Protectors are not the same as conditioners and are typically water based containing fluorocarbons. I'm not sure if any of Meguiar's leather products fits this bill. Maybe Mike can address this question with the chemists? Is there a Meg's leather product that is a true fluoroocarbon protectant? I do know that none of the Meguiar's products I used prevented dye transfer in my Lexus. I wound up using a Leather Master product that does but would prefer to keep my business at Meguiar's.

I do use Meg's QID for weekly wipe-down though and it keeps the dust and dirt off the leather just great.
                Jim
                My Gallery

Comment

Originally posted by Tuck91 View Post
                  I would honestly try to avoid any dressings since it is fresh from the factory brand new.

I would just stick to light vacumming and Quik Interior Detailer wipedowns for now.
                  That's interesting, because I look at it from the opposite view. Since the leather is new and completely clean, I would skip the cleaner and start immediately with a nice conditioner. I've only bought a few cars new with leather, but in that very limited experience, versus buying used cars with somewhat neglected leather, I think the leather stays nicer for longer, when treated immediately.

Comment

Originally posted by jfelbab View Post
                    The only way to keep the transfer from staining the pale leather topcoat is by using a leather protector. Protectors are not the same as conditioners and are typically water based containing fluorocarbons. I'm not sure if any of Meguiar's leather products fits this bill.
                    1- any comment on jfelbab's words about protectors vs. conditioners?

2- I'm in Germany and found just following leather products at Amazon.de:

- Gold Class Rich Leather Cleaner/Conditioner Gel (16 EURO)
                    - Gold Class Rich Leather Aloe Cleaner (16 EURO)
                    - Gold Class Rich Leather Aloe Conditioner (16 EURO)

What's your suggestion for my new car's bright cream leather?!

Comment

Working...
                    X
                    gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');