• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

meguiars pc pads (failure) again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• meguiars pc pads (failure) again

this is just an ongoing problem, i ordered some pads for my pc in january and i have about
    1 cutting
    1 polishing
    1 finishing

i had problems with the velcro coming off, i called them and they sent me new ones which i am appreciative for but now the new ones are coming off too. whats up with this i dont wash them in the washer, i wash them by hand and wring them out from there so if they do continue to fail what sort of glue can i use so they done come off. & to be honest im trying to run a pt business so pad failure is not a good thing in the middle of a detail.

thanks

Re: meguiars pc pads (failure) again

Originally posted by jays
    this is just an ongoing problem, i ordered some pads for my pc in january and i have about
    1 cutting
    1 polishing
    1 finishing

i had problems with the velcro coming off, i called them and they sent me new ones which i am appreciative for but now the new ones are coming off too. whats up with this i dont wash them in the washer, i wash them by hand and wring them out from there so if they do continue to fail what sort of glue can i use so they done come off. & to be honest im trying to run a pt business so pad failure is not a good thing in the middle of a detail.

thanks
    after i rinse the pads I use the rotary to dry'em out. i don't like to wring them, maybe that's the cause. i know what you mean, when something breaks or fails in the middle of a job.
    Reflections
    Professional Detailing
    Paint Polishing
    Carlos Davila Owner

Comment

Hi jays,

What speed are you running the PC at?

When does the velcro come unglued?

What are you washing the pads with?

Mike
      Mike Phillips
      760-515-0444
      showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Phillips
        Hi jays,

What speed are you running the PC at?

When does the velcro come unglued?

What are you washing the pads with?

Mike
        i run the pc
        polishing @ 5.5
        Finishing @3-4

the velcro comes unglued when i have to constantly change pads for different procedures. i do a couple of cars a day and i make sure to pull them real light i dont remove them by pulling from the top, so i get my finger inbewteen the pad and the velcro and remove it like that .
        i wash them in the sink with dawn and a scrub brush then agitate them then rinse and eithe wring them or let them dry on their own. ive also notice the 8.5 pads dont do this and i wash them all the same way

Comment

What backing plate are you using?? I have both the Meguiars backing plate and one from CMA. Although both backing plates hold the pad on just fine, the CMA backing plate has a much tougher grip and could cause the velcro to seperate.
          Bob
          2001 Laser Red Mustang GT Coupe
          Click Here for pics of my Mustang

Comment

i have the one that came with it from coastal tool

Comment

I am not familiar with that one. Are the pads fairly hard to remove? The Meguiars backing plate holds the pads pretty well during use but, it does not have a lot of resistance when you go to pull the pad off.
              Bob
              2001 Laser Red Mustang GT Coupe
              Click Here for pics of my Mustang

Comment

Originally posted by jays
                i run the pc
                polishing @ 5.5
                Finishing @3-4

the Velcro comes unglued when i have to constantly change pads for different procedures. i do a couple of cars a day and i make sure to pull them real light I don’t remove them by pulling from the top, so i get my finger in-between the pad and the Velcro and remove it like that .
                i wash them in the sink with dawn and a scrub brush then agitate them then rinse and either wring them or let them dry on their own. I’ve also notice the 8.5 pads don’t do this and i wash them all the same way
                Hi jays,

Meguiar's has switched to a new adhesive recently, it could be you have still received pads with the previous adhesive.

I don't know how to tell where the new pads are in the pipeline but I'll forward this to someone in Customer Care and see if they can help.

Meguiar's does not recommend washing the pad although the adhesive is water-proof.

I know what your experiencing you're doing to cars a day. Part of the problem with the all foam pads used on PC's is that because of the oscillating/jiggling action of the PC, product tends to be impacted up into the pad where as when these pads are used on a rotary buffer, because of the rotating action, product tends to sling or move out of the pad.

Meguiar's is aware of these issues and is working towards a better solution.

Mike
                Mike Phillips
                760-515-0444
                showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

the pads they sent out for me the 1st time were supposed to be the newer versions but they seem to be the same.

Comment

I just had the same pad failure. The polishing pad velcro backing is peeling off after only the 2nd use with it. Are these polishing pads gauranteed or anything?
                    Thanks

GO UMAINE HOCKEY

Comment

I just received 2 new pads myself, but I haven't used them yet...All of my older Meg's pads have held up ok...so far.
                      r. b.

Comment

I have had fairly good luck with all my pads, I have been washing them by hand and no problems. I am starting to see one of my finishing pads backing starting to loosen it is the oldest at 1 1/2 years old and its been used countless times... so, I have gotten my $$$ worth out of it. Over all I have been pleased with the performance off the 6.5" meguiars pads.
                        Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
                        Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

Comment

If you run at a high speed you will build up heat in the pads....not enough to burn the paint but enough to loosen the glue.
                          http://iceburgh66.tripod.com/sig6.jpg

Comment

Two pads failed

I also have two pads : 8006 9006 (polishing/finishing) and they must be the old ones as I just washed these in my pad washer and the velcro came off on both. Solution was APC+ 4:1.

I've washed all my pads (Meguiars. Lake, Schlegel and SM Arnolrd) but never had a velcro failure with other mfg pads, only the Meguiars failed.

Who do we contact/email on how to get replacements on these pads?

Thanking you in advance,

Deanski
                            Dr. Shine

Comment

Two pads failed

I also have two pads : 8006 9006 (polishing/finishing) and they must be the old ones as I just washed these in my pad washer and the velcro came off on both. Solution was APC+ 4:1.

I've washed all my pads (Meguiars. Lake, Schlegel and SM Arnolrd) but never had a velcro failure with other mfg pads, only the Meguiars failed.

Who do we contact/email on how to get replacements on these pads?

Thanking you in advance,

Deanski
                              Dr. Shine

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');