• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

meguiars pc pads (failure) again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mike Phillips
    Hi jays,

Meguiar's does not recommend washing the pad although the adhesive is water-proof.

Mike, do this apply also to the 8" pads ? How can i determine if the adhesive is water-proof?
    Zitosonic Detailing Spot

Comment

The pad's I have I wash them in plan water. I wring them out and let them air dry. The velcro hasn't come unglued yet.

Comment

I've had good luck with using a nylon brush and very light stream of water to remove the left over product. I then take a few towels, lay a pad flat across the towel and lightly press down to remove any water that was absorbed in the pad. The light water stream helps minimize the water absorbed into the pad. I allow them to air dry with velcro up for a few hours then flip velcro down.

Hope this helps. Sorry to hear about the pad failures your having...

Quick question how does one wring out their pads?? Similar as described above?

Comment

Working...
        X
        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');