• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Haze from Ultimate polish

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Haze from Ultimate polish

I am new to detailing as I have not done anything more then wash an wax before. I started reading the forums an decided to try the ultimate polish an compound if it needed. Seemed like a easy to use product from videos an howto's. So I washed, clay barred, then used some of the polish on a small section of the hood. The UP seemed to just make the section hazy, when i tried to wipe it off it just don't come off. I have only read good things about it so I am looking to see what i did wrong an how to fix it

Re: Haze from Ultimate polish

Did you apply it like a wax? I believe megs paint cleaners (Ultimate compound, swirlx and scratchx) and polishes (ultimate polish, deep crystal polish, megs #7) should be worked into the paint and removed while wet. WIth the UC at least, its been a good experience for me even by hand. i work it in small sections. I work the UC into the paint until it becomes clear with nothing left but a clear, wet, kinda oily film on the paint. Removing that film is a breeze, and most of the time i'm left with a haze free surface ready for wax.

Comment

What 'ffboy' said.

I'm guessing you are working by hand? Do a look thru the, 'working by hand section' there is some good advice that may help you out.

As mentioned...DON'T LET IT DRY before you wipe off the residue.

Don't give up...it is frustrating at times...just hang in there...

Bill

Comment

If you did your whole car, it will be tiring hard work but you will see a dramatic difference. While meguiars consumer compounds and cleaners are easy to use, it works differently and is worked differently vs. wax, and it isn't meguiars wax easy to use. Effort is still needed to get results, and you will get good results

Comment

I also made the same mistake years ago when I first used Deep Crystal Paint Cleaner and Polish. I applied the products to the whole car before wiping them off. It was a hot day so the products dried quickly.
          The paint cleaner was not too bad to remove but for the polish, it was extremely difficult to remove the haze.

Comment

Thank you all for the reply's. I think my big mistake was it being to hot outside, 80-85F. The polish just seemed to haze almost as soon as i applied. Now to remove this haze will it be as simple as going over it again with the polish early morning before it is hot?

Comment

That should help. If the panel gets too hot, it drys the product right out and creates a stain. I did this yesterday with
              ScratchX and learned the hard way. Like removes like, so a little UP in the morning when the car is cool should do the trick.
              '08 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution GSR- Apex Silver
              '09 Honda Civic EX - Nighthawk Black

Comment

I used some #6 to remove some UP stains i had created - seemed to work well. I decided to do the whole car while i was at it - only took about 15 minutes with my new Griots DA - i love it!

Comment

Working...
                X
                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');