• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rasky's Auto Detailing: Paint correction, Black 2010 Altima Coupe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rasky's Auto Detailing: Paint correction, Black 2010 Altima Coupe

Rasky's Auto Detailing: Paint correction, Black 2010 Altima Coupe

I actually complete this one back in June and just haven't gotten around to doing the article until now. The Owner of this vehicle is actually from Canada and he had contacted me a while back to see if I'd be willing to detail it. At first I was a little reluctant, as I really didn't think it was necessary for him to drive 6+ hours to have his car detailed. I was confident I could refer him to a closer, yet reputable detailer, though he insisted there was no other reputable place closer than me. Just to be sure I checked with some fellow Canadian detailers and they agreed I was by far the closest they'd recommend. After agreeing to take the car on the owner sent me some pics highlighting his concerns. Apparently the dealership had left their trademark DISO and he was not happy with how the car looked. Based on his pictures below I gave him a preliminary estimate of a 2 step correction, but I also informed him that any deeper RIDS could potentially require a 3rd correction step or could even be too deep to safely remove.

DISO!

The owner arrived late on Friday evening and it appeared my assessment based on this pictures was going to be enough to achieve 90-95% correction and we agreed to the 2-step correction.

Some more before pics showing the quality work by the dealership

Marring and holograms

Process:

Wash - Foam bath with CGCW and 2BM
    Wheels - Sonax Full Effect
    Tires/jambs/wheel wells - OPC
    Clay - Clay Magic with ONR
    Paint correction Step 1 - Meguiar's D300 on the GG6 with 5" MF cutting pad (Heavy pressure and slow arm movement, speed 4)
    Paint correction step 2 - Menzerna 106fa on the GG6 with tangerine LC foam
    Paint prep - Foam bath with CGCW and gentle wash, rinse with DI water and blow dry
    Paint protection - Blackfire Wet-Diamond (Opti-Guard on the wheels, front bumper, and headlights)
    Glass- Meguiar's D120
    Tires/Wheel wells - Meguiar's Hyper Dressing 3:1
    Exhaust tips - Optimum Metal Polish

Note: I used Opti-Guard on the front as the owner was concerned about the bugs from the long ride home. It was also a way for him to decide if Opti-Guard was an investment he wanted to make next year when he has me touch up the car again.

50/50 shot after only D300/MF

Finished pics

Brinkmann

It was a cloudy day so this was the best I could do for sun shots.

Thanks for looking,
    Rasky
    Rasky's Auto Detailing

Re: Rasky's Auto Detailing: Paint correction, Black 2010 Altima Coupe

Very VERY nice job Rasky!
    Brian's Custom Detailing
    Where detail matters.
    www.brianscustomdetailing.com

Comment

Great job Chad!!! The Altima's looking nice after the detail!
      2011 Car Crazy Showcase SEMA Team

Comment

Good Grief Chad.....amazing work!!
        Don
        "In the game of life, I have no need for tickets on the 50-yard line, I brought my shoes, I came to play." unknown

http://www.facebook.com/pages/OC-Det...7770507?v=wall

Comment

Very ncie work

Comment

Fantastic work, as always, Chad.

Comment

looks like you can dive into that hood!! I'm sure the owner was stoked!

Comment

Looks GREAT! one question please.
                In step #2 "Paint correction step 2 - Menzerna 106fa on the GG6 with tangerine LC foam" is there a reason you did not use 301? still learning and want to see if I can duplicate your work as if were possible? LOL
                Thanks

Comment

Nice work... I'll be detaling its twin today... even though the weather is crappy, it's the only day that the owner can free it up.
                  Meguiar's Fire/Rescue/EMS, member of the Church of the Highly Reflective Finish!
                  Waxworks Automotive Detailing

Comment

wow what a really nice car you made for the oner. Very impressed with that look
                    Black cars are beautiful

Comment

You Sir are the reason he drove 6hrs . Great Job!!!

Comment

Awesome

Hey Rasky great job looks like it just rolled off the showroom floor.

Comment

Thanks for all the great comment guys!

Originally posted by Mark58 View Post
                          Looks GREAT! one question please.
                          In step #2 "Paint correction step 2 - Menzerna 106fa on the GG6 with tangerine LC foam" is there a reason you did not use 301? still learning and want to see if I can duplicate your work as if were possible? LOL
                          Thanks
                          I reserve D301 for clients who are on a budget or they simply want the paint shiny and don't car about perfection. D301 is a great product no doubt, but it is geared for production work. When I want the best possible end result, I will finish down with a foam pad using a dedicated finishing polish, and then I follow that up with a dedicated wax/sealant. On most paints, especially the softer ones, I feel foam finishes out a little better than the MF.
                          Rasky's Auto Detailing

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');