• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Well Water Iron Stains

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well Water Iron Stains

I have Well water Iron stains in my paint and clear coat from watering my lawn. What is the best product and method for removing those stains from my vehicle?? Thanks.

Re: Well Water Iron Stains

Any chance of a pic to see how bad? Working by hand?

You are going to want to do something like:
    1. Wash
    2. Clay
    3. Clean - You may only need a mild cleaner like SwirlX, or soemthing stronger like Ult. Compound
    4. Wax
    5. Wax - 2 thin coats is best
    2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

I will be doing all the work by hand. I recently had a detail shop try to buff them out, but to no avail. I tried to post pictures...but it won't let me just upload a file.

Comment

You would have to upload a pic to your gallery here, or elsewhere online, and then insert the link.

Hmm, if a shop already tried to buff it out, and couldnt, that could mean they are pretty severe.
        2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Have you thought about trying "IronX?"

There have been some good reviews on this product...no I have NOT used it, but it is on my 'to get' list.

Bill

Comment

I have just posted 2 pictures that show it. Hard to get good quality pictures with the file size limitation on the site.

Comment

I am not familiar with IronX, but just saw it online and it looks interesting. I also have a haze in my paint so I will probably need IronX plus some other products to clean my paint up.

Comment

There is a very good water spot remover product: Ducky Water Spot Remover. Just spray on, wait 15 seconds, wipe of with damp chamois. You will only find it in Marine stores or on line. This stuff really works! I sell about 60-70 bottles a year in my RV store and customers come back raving about it.
                Barry

Comment

Working...
                X
                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');