• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Clay Lube

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clay Lube

What can be used for Clay Lube
    Im out of final inspection

Will Last Touch Spray Detailer or Ultimate Quick Detailer Work, For that matter Let me as the question, What will work for clay and what wont

Re: Clay Lube

Last Touch diluted 1:1 works. Can also use soapy water, though can degrade the clay over time.

Dont want UQD.
    2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Last Touch works great diluted 1:1

Comment

+3 on the Last Touch 1:1

Comment

What about Synthetic Spray Detailer , 135

Comment

No, #135 is pretty much UQD.

Comment

Well From what I have read so far the only reason not to use UQD is because of the price.
              But I have 8 bottles of it , I haven't found out why you wouldn't be able to use it, other than its a waste of money, But with 8 bottles sitting on the shelf. its already paid for
              Thoughts

Comment

You can certainly try it. But remember it the UQD leaves a polymer coating behind, so you you are going to spray your clay and surface with a click polymer coating, and then try to remove stuff.

Comment

Thank-you thats the kind of info I was looking for , Thank-you very much

Comment

Soapy water is extremely economical, but it can break down certain types of clay. For what it's worth, I've used clay magic with soapy water dozens of times and it hasn't degraded the clay hardly at all. Beats paying for Last Touch or using half a bottle of quick detailer per day.

Comment

As i try, i figure that UQD are just too slick, so the clay can't work at it's maximum best to pick up contaminant... so it's like the clay just glide everywhere without do much work ...
                      Proud to be part of Meguiars Family

Comment

Working...
                      X
                      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');