• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Difference between QUIK DETAILER and ULTIMATE QUIK DETAILER? And how to use it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Difference between QUIK DETAILER and ULTIMATE QUIK DETAILER? And how to use it?

Quik Detailer (whatever comes with the claybar kit)

and Ultimate Quik Detailer.

What is the difference?

Basically My truck has some light dirt on it from rain an ddriving on the road. I use Quik Detailer (again im using the stuff that comes in the claybar kit) and i just spray on the truck and whip it off. Is this its the intended use?

If im doing this wrong please tell me so i can stop. This just saves be from washing the entire truck every other day

Re: Difference between QUIK DETAILER and ULTIMATE QUIK DETAILER? And how to use it?

Either is ok for light dust.... the question is always what is light dust. But you should watch for any swirls caused, and if you dont see any, then you are doing well.

The QD is basically just a gentle cleaner.

The UQD is a gentle cleaner that also leaves a polymer coating behind, so a little protection. So should make the next dirt wipe off easier also.

If you are using a lot of a spray detailer product, you really should look at buying in bulk, with something like Final Inspection (QD), or #135 Synthetic Spray Detailer (UQD).
    2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Re: Difference between QUIK DETAILER and ULTIMATE QUIK DETAILER? And how to use it?

UQD also has the hydrophobic polymer technology so it repels water like crazy! The standard QD does not have this.
      2011 Car Crazy Showcase SEMA Team

Comment

Originally posted by Marc08EX View Post
        UQD also has the hydrophobic polymer technology so it repels water like crazy! The standard QD does not have this.
        I use both UQW and UQD.
        Not see much difference after either product......

Comment

Originally posted by mis3 View Post
          I use both UQW and UQD.
          Not see much difference after either product......
          We were comparing UQD and the standard QD.

Anyway, to answer your question: their intended purpose is different. UQW is intended to apply to a clean surface. It's also used to leave behind some wax protection or boost your current layer of wax. UQD is intended to remove dust particles, smudges or even bird droppings. Although UQD leaves behind some polymer coating, it's probably not as strong as what UQW leaves behind.
          2011 Car Crazy Showcase SEMA Team

Comment

How does Last Touch compare to the other quick detailers (QD, UQD, Final Inspection, etc)?

Comment

Can I use the UQD for removing fresh tree saps or other sticky residues off the paint, or should I consider other products or just regular QD?

Comment

Originally posted by IS2000 View Post
                Can I use the UQD for removing fresh tree saps or other sticky residues off the paint, or should I consider other products or just regular QD?
                This is exactly how I use my UQD; tree sap, bird droppings, road tar, etc.
                Also, I leave a bottle of tap water in the trunk to "soften" the sticky residues before applying the UQD.

Comment

Certainly the thing to try first, as it is mildest.
                  2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');