• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cleaner Wax #6 vs. Swirl Remover #9

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cleaner Wax #6 vs. Swirl Remover #9

I have a year old 2004 Nissan 350Z in chrome silver that I wash at least once a week and keep garaged. I notice on parts of the body there are some assorted small scratches, and very few swirls on the paint. Nothing major here, just want to keep the paint in good condition....

I dont have alot of time to spend detailing either. To be honest, by the time I'm done washing and drying my car, and detailing the rims, Im pretty much already burnt out. Im looking for a one step cleaner/polish/wax all in one. Something that I can really save time using.

At first I was thinking of using Swirl Remover #9, then topping it off with NXT. I had also thought about using Cleaner Wax #6, Deep Crystal Cleaner Wax or Klasse All In One.

My question is what is the difference in cleaning power when comparing #6 to #9? Also, what is the difference in #6 to Deep Crystal Cleaner Wax? Im looking to eliminate or hide the small scratches and swirls with the least amount of time. Anybody have any suggestions??

Well, as far as one step products, I think ColorX would be about the best, or ColorX topped with Nxt wax. I have used the Cleaner Wax a lot, esp this time of year, and it goes on quick, but has never done anything to swirls/scratches for me. I believe it is more of a chemical cleaner. ColorX has some diminishing abrasives, which will help more with your swirls. They are both cleaner/polish/waxes, and both can be topped with some more Nxt for looks/protection.
    2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Murr1525,
      Thanks for the suggestions. Now, I am considering using the ColorX, but since it does contain abrasives, is it safe for repeat usage? I usually wax my car monthly. Will it wear down the paint overtime? Also does anybody know where ColorX would stand as far as cleaning ability when compared to the professional line of cleaner/polishes such as #9, #80, etc. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Comment

Originally posted by jdmfairladyZ
        Murr1525,
        Thanks for the suggestions. Now, I am considering using the ColorX, but since it does contain abrasives, is it safe for repeat usage? I usually wax my car monthly. Will it wear down the paint overtime? Also does anybody know where ColorX would stand as far as cleaning ability when compared to the professional line of cleaner/polishes such as #9, #80, etc. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
        ColorX uses very safe diminishing abrasives, it's really nothing to worry about. There are actually quite a few threads on the topic of Meguiar's Cleaner/waxes, doing a search with ColorX, or M66 Quick Detailer and Speed Glaze should turn up quite a few.

Mike
        Mike Phillips
        760-515-0444
        showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

I think that Color X contains more of a chemical cleaner than an abrassive one. IMO #9 is probably more abrassive. Given that the fact that you garage your car an wash it weekly you probably don't need to use it on a monthly basis as your car will not get that contaminated. You probably should use something like NXT or GC monthly and use Color X every 4-6 months. I'm personally am more of a traditionalist and would rather use #80 or #9 every six months and follow with either NXT or #26 on a monthly basis. Either way you are not gonna eat through your paint with these products.
          Eddie

Comment

Well, I am not sure about comparrisons to the professional line. I know it isnt the most abrasive, thats for sure. Either way, your paint wil be safe.

That said, if you find the proper product to remove your swirls, and they go away, you shoudlnt need to use that product every time you wash and do a little detailing/waxing, etc. Only if they come back. You will be able to use even less agrressive products to keep them away and from coming back. As Mike said, the products with diminishing abrasives are very safe for repeated use, but that was just a thought, since you are concerned.
            2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Hey,

Just to clarify...

Meguiar's #6 Cleaner Wax is not the same product as the consumer A-12 Cleaner Wax.

#6 Cleaner/Wax

Meguiar's Cleaner/Wax

The #6 is more aggressive and will remove light marring and/or swirls easier.

Tim
              Tim Lingor's Product Reviews

Comment

Thanks alot guys for all the replies and help. I appreciate everyone's input. I have decided to use Swirl Remover #9, topped off with liquied NXT as this seems to be the most popular choice. Seems that alot of enthusiasts are happy with the results these two products achieve. I actually bought a bottle of #9 tonight at a local parts store. I will post pictures when I'm done.

Just a thought. It doesnt really seem anybody is really into the cleaner waxes. Ive done several seaches all over the professional, consumer and nxt forums and seems nobody really uses them as their product of choice. I have always thought they would be popular as they require less work. I dont see how people can spend all day doing a 3-5 step process on their cars. Ive tried to attempt this a few times with the Deep Crystal System but not only do I get burnt out, the time goes by so fast and I just have other things to do on in the day. Too bad Meguiars doesnt make an everyday safe Super Cleaner Wax which provides the best of cleaning, swirl removal, and protection all in one.

Anyhow, thanks again.

Regards

Comment

Too bad Meguiar's doesn't make an everyday safe Super Cleaner Wax which provides the best of cleaning, swirl removal, and protection all in one.
                  We do, you can find this product inside ColorX, M06 Cleaner/wax, M66 Quick Detailer and even A12 Cleaner/Wax.

You need to remember, there has to be a balance between all the different features built into an all-in-one product. If you tip the scale too far to one side, you start to lose some of the other benefits.

Too much cleaner, then you lose polishing and protecting
                  Too much polishing, then you lose cleaning and protecting
                  Too much protecting, then you lose cleaning and polishing

For a finish in good to excellent condition, A12 Cleaner/Wax is an awesome product. It produces deep, dark reflectivity, high gloss, rich color. It does this the same time it's removing light oxidation, swirls and scratches while leaving behind a blend of polymer and Carnauba wax protection. Best of all, it can be found in just about any store for a suggested price of around $5.00

For more cleaning power, switch to ColorX, M06, or M66

It's hard to formulate the perfect product for all applications, I think you will be hard pressed to find a better performing one-step product on the market for the money at the end of the day.
                  Mike Phillips
                  760-515-0444
                  showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Thanks Mike for the great write up. I appreciate your valuable information. Im going to go ahead and give the Deep Crystal Cleaner wax a try first and see how I like it. I fugure its only 5 bucks, and at that price nobody gets hurt

Finest Regards

Comment

Thanks Mike for the great write up. I appreciate your valuable information. Im going to go ahead and give the Deep Crystal Cleaner wax a try first and see how I like it. I fugure its only 5 bucks, and at that price nobody gets hurt

Finest Regards
                      Good old Cleaner Wax is a fine product for 5 dollars. It will not abrade the clear and you can use it every month. On that note NXT or GC does have some very little cleaners in it. When used month to month it should clean up your car since its garged and cleaned weekly. IMO thoes two products will give you more WOW factor on your finish than cleaner wax. As I said before you only have to do the polishing every 6 months.
                      Eddie

Comment

Jetskied,
                        Thanks again for the good advise as well. I'm going to take it and polish my car every six months as suggested using swirl remover #9, while using NXT wax monthly. Since I'm only polishing every six months, it should'nt take long for me to throw on a quick coat of NXT every month. Like I said before, this seems to be a popular combo.

Does anybody here in this thread use this combo? And if so how are your personal results? Also, post pictures if available. Thank you.

Finest Regards

Comment

Hi jdmfairladyZ,

I think you have a good plan but I would also suggest adding "clay as needed" to the process, especially if your car has to sit outside at night.

I grew up in Torrance and we always got a lot of fallout. The morning's ocean dew always made sure that whatever was floating in the air was stuck to the cars every day.

PC.

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');