• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

#80 TOO thick

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• #80 TOO thick

I tried #80 yesterday and found it to be very thick. I shook the bottle often and still found this product to be very very thick.

I really had to squeeze the bottle hard to get product out. when it did come out, it came out in "dots" or blotches ( no way could I make an "X" pattern) . This became tiresome and tedious as it killed alot of time.

Temp in my garage was 70
    this bottle was bought a couple months ago.
    this bottle may have frozen....but not too sure (it might not have)?

The #80 was a bit dissapointing. It didnt take care of minor swirling which I thought it would clean up pretty easy. My vehicle was at WAlmart last night, which was lighted up with flourescents in the parking lot, and it looked good from far, but closely the swirls were very apparent.

any thoughts guys (mike?)

M80 should not be thick, at least like you describe. If you feel there is a quality problem with the product, then call our Customer Service Hotline at 1-800-347-5700 and they'll take care of you.

As far as swirl removal goes, M80 is for light swirl and scratch removal using a rotary buffer or a dual action polisher. Orbital buffers can be used to apply it and it can also be applied by hand, but best performance is obtained when machine applied using either a rotary or a dual action polisher.

Even when applied using either of these two tools, there is so much to be said for technique. There are many factors that affect the performance of any product and technique is a major one. I can't tell you how may times we have demonstrated a product during our Saturday detailing class, showing the correct technique, whereupon I will hear someone standing nearby comment,

"That's what I've been doing wrong"

This is especially true for hand applied and machine applied compounds, paint cleaners and cleaner/polishes.

How long have you been detailing cars?
    What kind of machine are you using? (you didn't mention)
    How long have you been using this machine?
    Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Phillips
      M80 should not be thick, at least like you describe. If you feel there is a quality problem with the product, then call our Customer Service Hotline at 1-800-347-5700 and they'll take care of you....

...This is especially true for hand applied and machine applied compounds, paint cleaners and cleaner/polishes.

How long have you been detailing cars?
      What kind of machine are you using? (you didn't mention)
      How long have you been using this machine?
      thanks for the response, I think I will call the Customer Service Hotline (after I shake the bottle for awhile and inspect the cap!)

just for FYI:

1/ detailing my cars for apprx 10 yrs///detailing others for apprx three years (yes made alot of mistakes along the way!!)
      2/ using a PC (have been for same (3 years)(used all kinds of pads, products etc.) have learned tons over the last couple years). Basically a 'lurker' and not much of a 'poster'!

I tried #80 at 4, 4.5, 5, and 5.5, LC white polishing pad, It seemed to dust up pretty quick (before "working it" very long?? which i thought was strange)

anyway, i guess i thought it would have a bit more bite, no big deal, BUT it may be the problem with it being THICK like that???

someone else over at autopia had mentioned that there #80 seems to be entirely too thick as well. Its like toothpaste!!

mike, I used #83 as well yesterday, and it was ALOT thinner and came out of the bottle with ease!!

cheers!

Comment

# 80 thick?.......That's a new one on me, but I guess anythings possible.

I've always found that # 83 was very thick myself.

But the best way that I've found to dispense products in large bottles is to use the D-20199 (I think?) dispenser.....Looks like a ketchup or mustard bottle.
        r. b.

Comment

Yep, that sound strange? I've found #80 to be one of Meguiar's easiest products to use. It has a pretty wide "window" of opportunity............... meaning, you don't have to work it "perfectly" to get excellent results. A very forgiving product.
          Boss_429

Comment

Hi Boss.....Haven't seen you in a while.
            r. b.

Comment

Something must have happend somewhere along the way, who knows what but this isn't a thick product normally.
              Mike Phillips
              760-515-0444
              showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Hey,

Just to add...

I have used a LOT of Meguiar's #80 Speed Glaze and do not find it thick at all. Moreover, it is my go to product for most of the details I complete.

Tim
                Tim Lingor's Product Reviews

Comment

Working...
                X
                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');