• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Got a new cd/reciever...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got a new cd/reciever...

that puts out 14 w rms x 4 channels....I am looking to replace/ upgrade the stock fronts 6.5s and the rear 6x9 speakers,no amp is going to be installed in car (honda civic 2dr coupe) any suggestions....?

Thanks,
    Dan

Re: Got a new cd/reciever...

Infinity Ref. are great speakers

Comment

Originally posted by J4o2el7 View Post
      Infinity Ref. are great speakers
      I second that!!! I have had both the Infinity Reference Series and the Infinity Kappa Series and both sound FANTASTIC!!!! What head unit did you get?

Comment

Nothing fancy,just a pioneer deh-4300ub...only puts out 14w rms x 4 channels! I also agree infinity sound *great* (*Edited for family friendly language) too...I have them in my truck along with a 10 inch kicker and a 4 channel amp! I just am getting ready to sell my honda,but stock speakers sound like *junk (*Edited for family friendly language) so any suggestions outside of high dollar high power capable speakers?
        Originally posted by The Dodge View Post
        I second that!!! I have had both the Infinity Reference Series and the Infinity Kappa Series and both sound FANTASTIC!!!! What head unit did you get?
        Last edited by Markus Kleis; Aug 15, 2011, 12:24 PM. Reason: Family friendly language

Comment

Originally posted by daniel clark View Post
          Nothing fancy,just a pioneer deh-4300ub...only puts out 14w rms x 4 channels! I also agree infinity sound *great* (*Edited for family friendly language) too...I have them in my truck along with a 10 inch kicker and a 4 channel amp! I just am getting ready to sell my honda,but stock speakers sound like *junk (*Edited for family friendly language) so any suggestions outside of high dollar high power capable speakers?
          Hey Daniel,

While I appreciate that you semi-censored your own post, it's pretty obvious what those words were and for that reason we would prefer you just stick to words that are a bit more on the family friendly side (ie don't require censorship). Thanks for understanding.

Mark

Comment

yeah, i had the ref's in my truck, put kappa's in my car, much better stereo in the car then the truck, thats why. kappas hold well with the 2 W6v2's

Comment

If now power is going to be added, I'd check into a component set up front. Check out Hertz Audio.
              Everyone is my teacher. Some I seek. Some I subconsciously attract. Often I learn simply by observing others. Some may be completely unaware that I'm learning from them, yet I bow deeply in gratitude.

Comment

@daniel clark does the pioneer stereo delivers? Would you recommend it?

Sorry for being off topic. Maybe you can help me. I'm on a quest for a new stereo. I've been reading reviews about Pioneer stereos but they are useless hype. It's beyond me why people are doing it.

This head unit landed on my short list AVH-2550NEX. From all the blogs that I've read one stood out. The blogger was hyper critical about Pioneer and put me on the fence. The Pioneer review was OK until I've reached the shortcomings section.

How tiny are those buttons? What about the slow startup? How bad is it?

Any pointers?

Comment

Working...
                X
                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');