Got a new cd/reciever...

Thread: Got a new cd/reciever...

Registered Member

Cool Got a new cd/reciever...

that puts out 14 w rms x 4 channels....I am looking to replace/ upgrade the stock fronts 6.5s and the rear 6x9 speakers,no amp is going to be installed in car (honda civic 2dr coupe) any suggestions....?

Thanks,
    Dan

Re: Got a new cd/reciever...

Infinity Ref. are great speakers

Quote Originally Posted by J4o2el7 View Post
    Infinity Ref. are great speakers
    I second that!!! I have had both the Infinity Reference Series and the Infinity Kappa Series and both sound FANTASTIC!!!! What head unit did you get?

Registered Member

Cool Re: Got a new cd/reciever...

Nothing fancy,just a pioneer deh-4300ub...only puts out 14w rms x 4 channels! I also agree infinity sound *great* (*Edited for family friendly language) too...I have them in my truck along with a 10 inch kicker and a 4 channel amp! I just am getting ready to sell my honda,but stock speakers sound like *junk (*Edited for family friendly language) so any suggestions outside of high dollar high power capable speakers?
    Quote Originally Posted by The Dodge View Post
    I second that!!! I have had both the Infinity Reference Series and the Infinity Kappa Series and both sound FANTASTIC!!!! What head unit did you get?
    Last edited by Markus Kleis; Aug 15th, 2011 at 11:24 AM. Reason: Family friendly language

Pro/Marine/RV Product Manager Markus Kleis's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by daniel clark View Post
    Nothing fancy,just a pioneer deh-4300ub...only puts out 14w rms x 4 channels! I also agree infinity sound *great* (*Edited for family friendly language) too...I have them in my truck along with a 10 inch kicker and a 4 channel amp! I just am getting ready to sell my honda,but stock speakers sound like *junk (*Edited for family friendly language) so any suggestions outside of high dollar high power capable speakers?
    Hey Daniel,

While I appreciate that you semi-censored your own post, it's pretty obvious what those words were and for that reason we would prefer you just stick to words that are a bit more on the family friendly side (ie don't require censorship). Thanks for understanding.

Mark
    Meguiar's Professional, Marine/RV Global Product Manager
    My ride: 2014 Ford Focus ST, 6 Speed, Race Red
    NEW USERS GO HERE FOR RULES AND HELPFUL LINKS: http://www.meguiarsonline.com/forums...guiar-s-Online

yeah, i had the ref's in my truck, put kappa's in my car, much better stereo in the car then the truck, thats why. kappas hold well with the 2 W6v2's

If now power is going to be added, I'd check into a component set up front. Check out Hertz Audio.

Registered Member

@daniel clark does the pioneer stereo delivers? Would you recommend it?

Sorry for being off topic. Maybe you can help me. I'm on a quest for a new stereo. I've been reading reviews about Pioneer stereos but they are useless hype. It's beyond me why people are doing it.

This head unit landed on my short list AVH-2550NEX. From all the blogs that I've read one stood out. The blogger was hyper critical about Pioneer and put me on the fence. The Pioneer review was OK until I've reached the shortcomings section.

How tiny are those buttons? What about the slow startup? How bad is it?

Any pointers?

Thread Information