• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Big "A" Detailing 08 Civic Removing Overspray By Hand Compounding on You Tube

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Big "A" Detailing 08 Civic Removing Overspray By Hand Compounding on You Tube

The customer spray tinted his tail lights without removing them first. The trunk, driver quarter & rear bumper had heavy overspray. I removed the wing to get to everything.
    It was friday night & I had a ton of work lined up for the next day.
    This was the quickest way to remove the overspray. I misted water on the surface first & then rubbed in the compound with a micro fiber towel. By hand compounding the entire car I got the paint to about 85% which was the goal for this job. I used Meguiars M205 Polish then 3M Ultrafine Polish with my Dewalt DW849 rotary.
    I put on the first coat of Klasse @ 12:14am & let it cure for a half hour then removed it. I laid on another coat of Klasse around 12:45am & left it there & called it a night!
    Humberto come in @ 7am to remove the tape & Klasse & get the car ready for an early morning pickup!
    We clayed, hand compounded, clayed, hand compounded till the overspray was all off. I cant tell you why it was done this way but it worked =)
    I didnt take out the halogens on the whole car, just the areas that had overspray. With the halogens on its easier to see the overspray.

Check us out on You Tube!

Thanks for watching!
    -Andrew

Re: Big "A" Detailing 08 Civic Removing Overspray By Hand Compounding on You Tube

Wow lots of work! Looks great. But I gotta ask. How come there is no tint on his "tinted" tail lights?
    Professional Automotive Reconditioning Services
    "You scuff it-I buff it!"

Comment

Re: Big "A" Detailing 08 Civic Removing Overspray By Hand Compounding on You Tube

No pics of anyone using a rotary? IDK?????

Very loud video............
      Keeping MOL family friendly! If you need help or have a question, don't hesitate to shoot me an email or PM. 101impala@gmail.com
      Andy M. Moderator

Comment

Originally posted by THE BIG BUFFER View Post
        Wow lots of work! Looks great. But I gotta ask. How come there is no tint on his "tinted" tail lights?
        well actually you see that lttle square in the tails that are supposed to be clear? yea thats whats slightly tinted lol

Originally posted by Andy M. View Post
        No pics of anyone using a rotary? IDK?????

Very loud video............
        theres a mute button for the song if you dont like it.
        no pics of me using my dewalt for the 2 polishing steps you ask? i was working alone in the shop from 6pm till almost 1am lol.
        bye

Comment

Working...
        X
        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');