• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Some questions about wet sanding, Ultimate Compound, and Ultimate Polish

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some questions about wet sanding, Ultimate Compound, and Ultimate Polish

Hey there, I am a beginner at fixing scratches and I have a few questions. The condition of the paint on my car is in really bad shape. The previous owner of my car never took care of the car, and I hope to remove most of the scratches. Note: I am working with some 3M 2000 grit sand paper, a foam sanding block, UC, UF, 4x Meguiar's soft foam applicator pads, and plenty of microfiber towels. I am not sure if I have bought enough products to fix the scratches. Please let me know if I did not. I can spend $10-15 more if needed. Thanks.

I have a few deep scratches and some very light ones on my car right now, and I want to remove them by using wet sand/touch up paint, UC, then UP.

I bought the touch up paint from the dealer, and it comes with the clear coat.

I plan to wet sand with 3M 2000 grit on the scratched up areas, apply the touch up paint, wet sand again, apply another layer of touch-up paint, then wet sand again.

Now, I was wondering if I actually have to use the clear coat that is included with the paint?

Also, I plan to apply UC , then UP on the areas which I wet sanded and touched up. After UP, I want to know what other Meguiar's products should I use (as stated above, would be nice if I can keep it around the $10 - $15 range)? Or should I just wash the car with the Ultimate wash and wax?

I am really a newbie at this. I do not need the car to be back in perfect condition, but I hope I can make it look better than before. Any help is appreciated, thanks in advance!

Re: Some questions about wet sanding, Ultimate Compound, and Ultimate Polish

What type of car polisher and what type of buffing pads are you planning to use for this project ?
    How big are affected areas ?

Comment

Re: Some questions about wet sanding, Ultimate Compound, and Ultimate Polish

Hi, I do not plan to use a DA polisher. I am going to do it by hand. As for the polisher, I was wondering if the ultimate polisher counts?

I will take some pictures of the affected areas and post them later. Thanks!

Comment

Working...
      X
      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');