• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cleaner Wax is truly a great product -- if you haven't tried it, do so!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Cleaner Wax is truly a great product -- if you haven't tried it, do so!

Hi All,

Due to time limitations I always looked at Cleaner Wax at the shelf of the store, but one thing bothers me: Is the "cleaner" on Cleaner Wax abbrasive to the paint as oppose to using Clay Bar > Polish > 'other' Wax?

If it's not abbrasive, maybe I finally will get my hands on Cleaner Wax.

Thanks in advance guys.

Comment

Meguiar's Cleaner/Wax contains diminishing abrasives as well as chemical cleaners to remove defects and stains and light oxidation.
      But referring to its abrasiveness, it doesn't mean it would harm your car's paint.....Not at all. Indeed its a very good product to maintain a daily driver. Fine swirls, embedded dirt, even light etching from bird droppings and acid rain can be eliminated by using a cleaner wax.

Comment

Cleaner wax contains mild cleaners, just enough to remove slight imperfections and oxidation. It won't harm your paint, it's nowhere near as abrasive as the abrasives found in meg's other paint cleaners. If one means abrasive in the traditional old fashioned sense, it won't put any other scratches to the paint.In fact, it will keep your paint clear. Regular use of cleaner wax will keep car's paint clear and minimize the need for intensive compounding since the cleaners in it will remove any oxidation/scratches that may build up over time from lack of paint cleaning. It's a versatile product, it will definitely cut your detailing time for sure. It also contains polishing oils to add shine to the paint.

Comment

http://www.meguiarsonline.com/forums...f-CLEANER-WAX!

Re: In praise of... CLEANER WAX!

Met a guy at a GoodGuys Hot Rod Show with a flawless finish on a old school full-bodied hot rodded Model A black in color.

Now in case you haven't looked at Model A recently, they have lots of body lines and curves and actually lots of raised areas and raised body lines.

Careful inspection of his car's finish as it sat in the middle of a grass field in the bright summer sun revealed a completely flawless finish with a deep wet shine. When asked what he used to get his black paint to look so good he simply opened the deck-lid on his car and sitting in the back was a bottle of Meguiar's Cleaner/Wax with a couple of terry cloth towels.

Said it's all he ever used; said he's been using the product for about 20 years on his car's paint.

His car was surrounded by high dollar hot rods yet his car's finish made his car stand out.

Mike Phillips
          Office: 800-869-3011 x206
          Mike.Phillips@Autogeek.net
          "Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Cleaner wax def. surprises me. I have seen some really good results with it, better than some high dolllar stuff. Just need to top it for some longer lasting protection.

http://www.meticulous-detail.com/
            "The Prep makes the Pop, not what's on Top"

Comment

Versatility is one of the strong characteristics or cleaner wax. Some less expensive products that perform well are easily overlooked, due to the perception of it being inferior to the more expensive stuff. Then when one uses the cheaper product, they get real surprised with what it can deliver in terms of shine and versatility.

Comment

It's been awhile since I did any detailing & I recently got a new to me vehicle, 2007 Toyota Tacoma Acces cab. The paint is in great shape & has alot of shine / depth for a factory paint job. I have been lsearching this forum for recommendations for a wax to protect it. This sounds like its the best thing to use on a daily driver. Agreed? Thanks.
                Brett Laws
                Currituck, NC

Comment

In my humble opinion, any vehicle that is exposed to the elements daily should get a cleaner wax as its first step, unless it has very recently been clayed or cleaned with another product. You can always substitute Color X if you need a more aggressive product, and you can follow either one with a non-cleaning LSP such as Gold Class or Ultimate Wax for more depth of gloss and/or more longevity.

Bill

Comment

No problems using it on a GG6 polisher?
                    Brett Laws
                    Currituck, NC

Comment

Nope, as long as you use reasonable speeds. To me, that's one of the benefits of a cleaner wax. The more you work it into the finish, the better your results.

Bill

Comment

Thanks, Bill.
                        Brett Laws
                        Currituck, NC

Comment

If using cleaner wax on DA Polisher would you recommend using a cutting or polishing pad? I will ultimately top it w/ NXT 2.0 after. Thanks

Comment

Polishing.

Dont usually want the cutting pad with a DA.
                            2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Originally posted by Murr1525 View Post
                              Polishing.

Dont usually want the cutting pad with a DA.
                              Thanks.

Comment

Wow .... I knew I had been using it since the mid '70s anyway! Maybe '73 even .... I've tried other stuff but always keep some Meguiar's Cleaner Wax on hand. It's just a solid, dependable, known quantity .... like an old friend that you can depend on.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');