• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How can I apply a pure polish (Deep crystal polish) with wax still on the car?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How can I apply a pure polish (Deep crystal polish) with wax still on the car?

Hey guys. I waxed my car 1 month ago(NXT wax), and now I want to add a shinny layer of polish oil onto it.

I tried ultimate polish long before but it didn't give me any shinny look. Some ppl recommend me deep crystal polish, and say this is what I want.

but I know the Deep crystal polish is a pure non-abrasive polish. so my question is: since I don't know whether the wax is still on the car, if the wax layer remains, can I apply the deep crystal polish? can it breaks/ penetrates the wax layer and stick onto the paint? Otherwise, it will be totally vain?

Re: How can I apply a pure polish (Deep crystal polish) with wax still on the car?

I see you live in Texas.....chances are there might not be much wax left if your car sits out in the Texas sun. Many people will apply a pure polish on top of their wax to give it that extra "pop". Frequently before a car show this is the go-to method for a final beauty step.
    Black......the ONLY color!

Comment

Re: How can I apply a pure polish (Deep crystal polish) with wax still on the car?

So you mean the DCP should be applied on the top of the wax? Emm, sounds like a good idea, tho- i was going to apply the DCP and then a lay of wax to seal the polish oil

Comment

Yes. For me, wax is always the last step.

Comment

You got it....seal it in with the NXT
          Black......the ONLY color!

Comment

I noticed earlier in the thread you said you use ultimate polish. I'd just like to point out ultimate polish is not a pure polish and if you try to apply it after wax you will strip your wax off. Also I feel like applying polish then wax is the proper method as the wax will help seal in the polish.

Comment

Originally posted by Ryansworld View Post
              I noticed earlier in the thread you said you use ultimate polish. I'd just like to point out ultimate polish is not a pure polish and if you try to apply it after wax you will strip your wax off. Also I feel like applying polish then wax is the proper method as the wax will help seal in the polish.
              Thanks for telling me this. I used UP last time before wax. I don't really care about the polish effect, just wanna add a shinny layer of oil. However, last time with UP didnt give me what I want. It's little hard to remove. So this time I would like to try the Deep crystal polish.

I think some ppl misunderstood my question. My question is: since I guess my wax layer is still on my car, how can I apply the DCP? if I apply the DCP on to the wax layer, then it is vain because the polish oil will be quickly washed away. right?

Comment

If you polish on top of anything, the polish will wash off quickly. It needs a wax over it to seal it in.

A show car that has the polish, as mentioned, may not be washed. Or people wont mind if it washes off. If you mind, it needs sealed in.
                2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

if it was me, i would get wax off the car first,THEN put on polish ,then your wax.
                  but this is good question.
                  HOW DO YOU REMOVE YOUR WAX SO YOU CAN PUT POLISH ON .some i know used dish detergent to get wax off, then they put on polish/wax.

Comment

The proper way to remove wax is to clay and clean. This whole process will take 6-7 hours.

As for the OP, depends on how much time you have, I suggest Wash - Polish - Wax.

Comment

Working...
                    X
                    gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');