• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

new to here, need recommendation about best shinny pure polish

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new to here, need recommendation about best shinny pure polish

Hello! Iam looking for a Meguiar's polish product. but I dont want those abrasive polish, just want a pure polish which is super rich in shinny oil. I got a little confused about Deep crystal polish, M07, mirror glaze 80, and etc. different ppl recommend me different things.

So what do you think about which non-abrasive polish gives the absolute best glaze to the car?

Plus, my car is a deep blue color.

thanks a looooooooooooooot!

Re: new to here, need recommendation about best shinny pure polish

Depends on the paint. Is it an older car with single stage paint or one with clear coat or a Mercedes with their new 'scratch proof' coating? You've gotta give some information with the question in order to get an answer.

Comment

From what I've read, everyone seems to be raving about M07 Show Car Glaze.. Now that's a mirror glaze product and it's body shop safe & can be applied by rotary (please correct me if I'm wrong). Another product Meguiar's offer is the deep crystal polish. This is a consumer product. These 2 are the only pure polishes as far as I know.

Will you be applying it by hand? If so, you can't go wrong either way. They will pretty much achieve the same goal for you and satisfy you no abrasive requirent. If you're using the rotary then you're only choice is M07.

Hope this helps.

P. S. M80 is not a pure polish. It has some abrasives in it but very weak.
      2011 Car Crazy Showcase SEMA Team

Comment

Originally posted by Joe Dragon View Post
        Depends on the paint. Is it an older car with single stage paint or one with clear coat or a Mercedes with their new 'scratch proof' coating? You've gotta give some information with the question in order to get an answer.
        Sorry for the lack of info.

My car is a 2005 one, blue in color. So it's definitely dont have a benz scratch-free painting techinique.

I looked at the car and generally the painting is very good. barely any oxidization, I did let body shops do a lot of detailing work in the first few years(with tons of money). So the car is well protected. And now I would like to do some work by myself.

I wash and wax the car regularly (although not as often as once a week), after wax, the painting looks just like new. I kinda still wanna give it a show car glaze. I am not completely sure it's single stage painted or with clear coat. but......guess it's the.............latter.

Comment

Working...
        X
        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');