• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wheel Brightener Gallon Jug Pin Hole Leak

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wheel Brightener Gallon Jug Pin Hole Leak

This is just an FYI to Meguiar's as well as everyone on these forums. My gallon jug of Wheel Brightener, for some strange reason, has developed a pin hole leak on the bottom. The jug has been kept in a cool environment and the shelf has always been clean. Don't know if this has happened for anyone else but I just wanted everyone to be aware of the possibility. Don't want to wake up one morning to discover it dripping all over the place.
    Black on Black - 2007 Chevy Avalanche Z71 4x4
    Personalized Detailing

Re: Wheel Brightener Gallon Jug Pin Hole Leak

That also happened to my gallon jug of last touch. But I think that was because of the pump's tube pushing down against the bottom part of the jug. Still that shouldn't cause the jug to crack and leak.
    2011 Car Crazy Showcase SEMA Team

Comment

Yea, I've read a few threads of people with holes developing from pump straws. It's odd though since I don't use them and a hole developed. I wonder if I could buy a new, but empty, jug from Meguiar's
      Black on Black - 2007 Chevy Avalanche Z71 4x4
      Personalized Detailing

Comment

I borrowed a few 1 oz pumps from work.....the tube was a few inches too long....but a simple solution would be to trim it prior to using??
        "STRIFE" aka Phil
        2005 Infiniti G35 Coupe (IP/ aka White) the Toy
        2011 Subaru Impreza (SWP/ aka White) the DD
        2017 Subaru Forester (CWP/ aka White) Wifey's

Comment

Originally posted by STRIFE View Post
          I borrowed a few 1 oz pumps from work.....the tube was a few inches too long....but a simple solution would be to trim it prior to using??
          This is exactly what I did after that cracking incident.
          2011 Car Crazy Showcase SEMA Team

Comment

Working...
          X
          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');