• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is your favorite Wax for dark and silver cars?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is your favorite Wax for dark and silver cars?

As much as I've searched this -- and yes I know, there are hundreds of threads on the topic, I can't seem to make up my mind on what to buy next. I have a silver BMW and a black lexus and I don't know what the best LSP on them will be after doing a UC/UP treatment. I've heard great things about UW, M26, M21, M16, Gold Class Plus, NXT, etc. I don't want to spend $100 and buy all of them, so I'm curious what everyones current favorite is for light and dark cars.

Re: What is your favorite Wax for dark and silver cars?

NXT 2.0 on light colored cars (more so on light metallics).
    Ultimate Wax on dark colored cars.
    2011 Car Crazy Showcase SEMA Team

Comment

Why not get sample sizes of your major contenders & try them on the cars?

Comment

Well as far as I know you can't get samples of the waxes, at least not the pastes

I can't decide between Gold Class Carnauba Plus, M26, or Ultimate Wax for our black cars (we actually have two black cars).

Comment

Originally posted by Marc08EX View Post
          NXT 2.0 on light colored cars (more so on light metallics).
          Ultimate Wax on dark colored cars.
          what will you suggest for my car? it's a blue color, I really dont know it's dark or light(as my avatar shows). thx

Comment

If longevity is a factor, Ultimate Wax is a top choice on a properly prepared black car. Looks good too. Would think it would look good on blue too.

"fishing for swirls in a sea of black"
            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
            David

Comment

If you can find it, I have found M16 is the longest lasting and most eye popping wax for a black car. In my opinion you can use furniture wax on a silver car. They look good waxed or not. I also have a black and silver vehicle, and I think the silver one might have been waxed a year or more ago. I really noticed no difference and it still shines even though I am sure the wax has probably all washed off. I probably will not bother to wax it again. On the other hand, the black car needs waxing every 4 or 5 months. That M16 is marvelous for black.

Comment

M16 FTW

I also like M26, NXT 2.0 and Do Do Juice waxes for a blue car works great and I tried the Yellow wax for gold paint and it looks great.

But, Meg's is in my price range and they look great!
                Philippians 2:14 - Do all things without grumbling or questioning,

Comment

I just bought some M16

I was reading that some people don't like it as much for black as they do other colors because it doesn't leave the "warmth" that some other waxes do. I think one reviewer describes the shine as "brighter."

Comment

Originally posted by szjalo View Post
                    what will you suggest for my car? it's a blue color, I really dont know it's dark or light(as my avatar shows). thx
                    I would probably suggest NXT 2.0 but I'm not sure how UW would look... I would suggest trying both because they are amazing products! Just pick whatever you like and use that often.

Comment

Either NXT or UW will do fine for both cars. They are both synthetic products that provide last-lasting protection to your cars.

On the darker car, you may want to apply a layer of carnauba wax (Gold Class Carnauba Plus, M26, DC3) after the synthetic (NXT, UW).

If you decide on UW, please follow the instructions on the box. You are supposed to do a panel at a time; ie: wax on then wax off after 3-5 minutes.

Comment

Also, beauty and the visual effects of the wax are very subjective. What looks good for me might not look good for you. A lot of people like the warm and deep gloss carnauba waxes offer. I myself don't like those and I like how sealants make cars look. The only way to find out is to try these waxes yourself and see what you like the most.

Comment

Thin coats of M16! I MEAN THIN!
                          Philippians 2:14 - Do all things without grumbling or questioning,

Comment

I bought M16 and I will use it in the winter months.
                            Supposed to last long so perfect for winter months when I cannot wax too often.

Comment

I will have to try UW and M16 side by side on our black and silver cars -- I'll post the results. I wish I had M26 to try as well.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');