• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Audi Black Before & After-56k warning!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Audi Black Before & After-56k warning!

I would like to thank Mike Phillips for his guidance in helping me complete my task at hand. The support here is excellent!

The car will be jackstanded tommorrow and the wheels removed and the rims cleaned on the inside and the wheel wells scrubed. then it will be really done. But these pix show what can be done by a Newbee with Meguires support and others here.

-Zymol wash
    -Meg's fine clay x 2
    -Meg's #83 Edge 2000 yellow light cut pad
    *Tried Menzerna IP, needed more, hence -Meg's #83
    -Meg's #9 Swirl remover Edge 2000 whith fine pad
    -Meg's Hi-Tech yellow wax *hand done
    -Meg's quick detailer
    -Meg's NXT glass cleaner with glass MF
    -Meg's #40 Vinyl & rubber
    -Meg's Gold Class leather cleaner
    -Sunnyside plastic cleaner
    -Hoover steam vac

1999 Audi A6

BEFORE

AFTER

BEFORE

AFTER

BEFORE

AFTER

BEFORE

AFTER

BEFORE

AFTER

BEFORE

AFTER-CLOSEUP REFLECTION REALLY!

Tommorrow the wheels/tires

Thanks again for all the help by many here!

*View my 1st detail 1991 Acura NSX exotic

click Here

looks great..back 2 black again... good luck with the tire dressing...

Comment

Nice work there. The forums can give good advice in only a matter of days. Soon you'll be ready to tackle family and friends rides next.

One question, did you find the Audi paint kind of difficult to remove defects from?

Good job!

Comment

Originally posted by scrub
        Nice work there. The forums can give good advice in only a matter of days. Soon you'll be ready to tackle family and friends rides next.

One question, did you find the Audi paint kind of difficult to remove defects from?

Good job!
        Yeah the Audi clearcoat was rockhard , Maybe because my technique with the Porter-Cable or because I'm a Newbee, but I wasen't happy after I used Menzerna IP. I switched to Meg's #83 DACP and it seemed to do the trick. I know Menzerna IP is a good product, but maybe the clearcoat just responded better to Meg's #83?

Pix of where Audi Clearcoat is derived from:

Comment

Working...
        X
        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');