• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Leaf blower

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Leaf blower

i seen poll on leaf blowers here and thought i would offer some info.
    for 30 years we have used leaf blowers on our motorcycles.
    on our riding lawnmowers and on our truck engines and truck after washing.

it has done very good job .

but we found out that the GAS OPERATED ones would put oil on whatever you were using it to remove water.most are 2 cycle and have fumes that sometimes blow out the air tube.
    so we use ONLY electric blowers.

here is where you can get wrong one.
    some of blowers are like 165 air pressure and under.
    these are not very good for removing water but will work.
    they barely push leaves in yard but are nice for women that want something lite to use.
    that they are good at.

one you want is one with air pressure around 195 area.

usually these have a attachment to **** up leaves and grind them. feature i never use.

i just did my truck,honda 1100 shadow and my john deere in about 15 minutes and all dry with 95% of the water off.

Re: Leaf blower

Thanks for the info.

I've always been nervous about using a leaf blower around cars, so I haven't done it to date, but I know that a lot of people do.

Wouldn't an air compressor do the same thing? It would get the water out of the crevices better too..
    Originally posted by Blueline
    I own a silver vehicle and a black vehicle owns me. The black one demands attention, washing, detailing, waxing and an occasional dinner out at a nice restaurant. The silver one demands nothing and it looks just fine. I think the black vehicle is taking advantage of me, and the silver car is more my style. We can go out for a drive without her makeup and she looks fine. If I want to take the black one out, it is three or four hours in the "bathroom" to get ready.

Comment

Originally posted by davey g-force View Post
      Thanks for the info.

I've always been nervous about using a leaf blower around cars, so I haven't done it to date, but I know that a lot of people do.

Wouldn't an air compressor do the same thing? It would get the water out of the crevices better too..
      I ask this because I have no clue, would an oilless compressor be best to avoid blowing oil onto the car?

"fishing for swirls in a sea of black"
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      David

Comment

I use a TORO electric leaf blower on my cars after every wash and it works great, blows out all the nooks and crannys that you can't get normally, and drying time is cut in half

Comment

I picked up a couple $20 Toro leaf blowers last yr....works great
          "STRIFE" aka Phil
          2005 Infiniti G35 Coupe (IP/ aka White) the Toy
          2011 Subaru Impreza (SWP/ aka White) the DD
          2017 Subaru Forester (CWP/ aka White) Wifey's

Comment

Originally posted by wifpd4 View Post
            I ask this because I have no clue, would an oilless compressor be best to avoid blowing oil onto the car?
            I use a towel to mostly dry my car, but use a compressor first for joints and chromes wheels. It is NOT oilless, and does NOT blow oil out onto the car.
            It is a bandy tool.

Comment

I also use an electric Toro (the 51592). I start by getting as much water off the car as possible by sheeting, then follow up with a Water Magnet to remove any leftover standing water, then finish with the blower to dry out the emblems, wheels and wells, fuel door, and all the other crevices. Works relatively well, though I would love to pick up a Master Blaster one of these days.

Comment

I bought for just $20 at Home Depot last yr....i use on all 3 of my vehicles,

sheet off the vehicles
                blast with the Toro
                pat dry with a Megs WM towel (door jams/ trunk)

Occassionally finish off with either UQW or UQD
                "STRIFE" aka Phil

Comment

Originally posted by STRIFE View Post
                  http://www.toro.com/en-us/Homeowner/...er-Sweep-51585

I bought for just $20 at Home Depot last yr....i use on all 3 of my vehicles,
                  That's electric yeah?
                  Originally posted by Blueline
                  I own a silver vehicle and a black vehicle owns me. The black one demands attention, washing, detailing, waxing and an occasional dinner out at a nice restaurant. The silver one demands nothing and it looks just fine. I think the black vehicle is taking advantage of me, and the silver car is more my style. We can go out for a drive without her makeup and she looks fine. If I want to take the black one out, it is three or four hours in the "bathroom" to get ready.

Comment

Here's mine: http://www.toro.com/en-us/Homeowner/...ower-Vac-51592. It's $55 on Amazon right now. It's the second highest rated electric blower evaluated by Consumer Reports. I could have gone with a cheaper model, but this one has a 230mph max air speed, compared to 160mph for the one Strife listed. I like the fact that it has two power levels. It's heavier, though - 7.4lbs compared to 4.6 for the 51585.

All depends on what you want. I chose one that had enough power to be used for actual yard work if I ever decide to get rid of the lawn guy.

Comment

you are right, get more powerful one even tho its heavier.
                      i like to open my truck doors on both sides.
                      then take leaf blower to vents and dash,seats,under seats and blow everything out the side doors.
                      it makes interior real nice and i dont have to use vacuum too much.

very quick, like 5 minutes max playing around.
                      i erven took it into my home and blew out the dust and fuzz from my refrigerator cooling fins.
                      my fins you cant reach with brush and electric leaf blower gets it all out then i use vacuum to get it.

i also blew out my dryer vent hose on dryer.
                      so it has a lot of uses and worth the expense.

#51592 is one to get not 51585

Comment

Originally posted by davey g-force View Post
                        That's electric yeah?
                        yes sir, electric
                        "STRIFE" aka Phil

Comment

Originally posted by gtrspeed View Post
                          Here's mine: http://www.toro.com/en-us/Homeowner/...ower-Vac-51592. It's $55 on Amazon right now. It's the second highest rated electric blower evaluated by Consumer Reports. I could have gone with a cheaper model, but this one has a 230mph max air speed, compared to 160mph for the one Strife listed. I like the fact that it has two power levels. It's heavier, though - 7.4lbs compared to 4.6 for the 51585.

All depends on what you want. I chose one that had enough power to be used for actual yard work if I ever decide to get rid of the lawn guy.
                          I find the Toro 51585 is powerful enough for blowing my cars dry, I have very little yard work on my property So my leaf blowers are strictly for my cars
                          I did buy a more powerful leaf blower recently
                          Manufacturer of power equipment such as hedge trimmers, string trimmers, chainsaws, and blowers.

but did not notice it being much better than my Toro....just heavier.....grabbed it cuz it was just $35 at Home Depot.....btw, the Toro 51585 does have 2 speeds as well, though I never used the lower setting....cannot go wrong for $20!
                          "STRIFE" aka Phil

Comment

also....I used my Toro to blow dry my rubber floor mats......just love my $20 investment (i bought 2 of them!)
                            I have 3 leaf blowers strictly for my cars....I'm definately car crazy
                            "STRIFE" aka Phil

Comment

i also have toro #51585 but it has its LIMITS.
                              for leaves in yard, does not work very good.
                              for driveway, it works but does not get all wet or damp grass off.

i bought it because wife cant handle my heavier more powerful one.
                              but if i was going to buy JUST 1 leaf blower for many jobs it would be one above 195 on power.

like you said, the 51585 could work if just for your car but for 15 or so dollars more,I LIKE THE MORE POWERFUL ONES.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');