• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Water Magnet??????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Water Magnet??????

Ok switched over to the water magnet last week, after using a synthetic chamios leather for years......For those of you that use the magnet could you pls answer a couple of question????
    1= Do you use any other drying aid with the magnet i.e Blade, blower etc ??????
    If you only use the magnet then how the hell do you avoid water marks left behind once the magnet is wet????
    I have been using the magnet after blading the vehicle, but this seems to be leaving the finish as if i have bufed it with a cloth and no polish/wax(swirls).....The water magnet had never been used before....Or should i be using final detail with the magnet???????Thanks in advance.

what i do is, fold the towel into quarters and just turn over to a new side as i dry. when i'm finished.... i always use the quik detailer to get the missed water spots and it adds a little shine. this has always worked for me....
    Last edited by imacarnut; Mar 19, 2005, 12:26 PM.

Comment

Gemini101, I had the same problem with the water magnet when I first used it, I didn't think it worked very good. I folded it into quarters and it still got soaked. I found what work best for me is to rinse the car without a nozzle on it so there is not too much water on it, then use the water magnet. I did this a few days ago and it worked great. Or you can use your chamios for the first few swipes then use the magnet after that.
      Nothing but the best, That's why I use Meguiar's.
      1996 Lincoln Mark VIII LSC Dark Baltic Blue
      4.6 32 Valve DOHC V8

Comment

Originally posted by 94gpse
        Gemini101, I had the same problem with the water magnet when I first used it, I didn't think it worked very good. I folded it into quarters and it still got soaked. I found what work best for me is to rinse the car without a nozzle on it so there is not too much water on it, then use the water magnet. I did this a few days ago and it worked great. Or you can use your chamios for the first few swipes then use the magnet after that.
        I do not have the water magnet (on order) yet but I do have a Waffle Weave towel that does the samething. Using the steps posted above by 94gpse helps eliminate the problem.

As rcknit posted.... Use a litte QD and microfiber towel to clean up any streaks left by the WW. Works great I wouldn't give up my WW for anything!
        Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
        Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

Comment

Working...
        X
        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');