• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NXT TECH CLASS II, these guys are CAR CRAZY

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Click this --> Dual Xenon
    Freedom prospers when Christianity is vibrant and the rule of law under God is acknowledged

Comment

Another good tool they showed us was this Illuminated Microscope.

It gives a great view of sanding scratch and tiny defects. You can really see the effects of different grits of abrasives, compounds, etc.

They're only ten bucks at Radio Shack too.

PC.

Comment

I think it was Rod that said once he shows a class that microscope that every Radio Shack in a 15 mile radius gets sold out of them.
        Freedom prospers when Christianity is vibrant and the rule of law under God is acknowledged

Comment

That's correct.

It will put a scratch or paint chip in a whole different perspective!

Rod

Comment

Originally posted by Superior Shine
            I think it was Rod that said once he shows a class that microscope that every Radio Shack in a 15 mile radius gets sold out of them.

i got one and have rechargeable batteries to go with, that xenon light will be my next toy.. cant wait til april 30th...hopefully the nxt tech classes will be offered on the east coast

Comment

Is Xenon light better then halogen?

Comment

Originally posted by Ercky
                Is Xenon light better then halogen?
                What makes this particular Xenon light so nice is that it has a very uniform spot pattern (due to good reflector design), no side leakage to blind you while you're trying to use it, and is light/handheld so you can easily point it at different angles to maximize illumination of defects.

PC.

Comment

Has anyone bought a xenon yet? I found them for $35 plus shipping. I am going tobuy this one as it is made by the company that makes the snap-on one. I just need to compare shipping and warranty info.

http://www.sportys.com/acb/showdetl....fromgoogle=yes

Comment

FYI - I found one at Lowes. It seems to be the same one.
                    Shop tools, appliances, building supplies, carpet, bathroom, lighting and more. Pros can take advantage of Pro offers, credit and business resources.

John

Comment

You da man!! That is it!!!

Comment

what kinda handle is this on the rotary? i've never seen a handle like that before. I don't like the handle that came with my portercable 7428.

also, i recognize this dude! hey man! I met ya at the de le cruzers and fun day detail clinics.
                        Detail enthusiast from bimmerforums.com
                        machines: Porter Cable 7336 DA and 7428 rotary
                        Favorite products: Meguiars: #83, #80, NXT techwax, All-metal restorer. Other brands: 1Z PP, S100 wax, Stoner Invisible Glass, Klasse AIO.

Comment

Hey hamanncheese,

That’s a Meguiar’s G-500 Adjustable Buffer Handle.

Unfortunately they aren’t in Meguiar’s lineup anymore.

They’re probably still some floating out there in distributors’ inventory. I got two from Ace Meguiar’s Distributor and all around good guy Kevin Brown, a.k.a. iamwaxman. Email him to check if he has more.

Since we’re both in OC you can try mine sometime if you’d like. I think it will fit your 7428.

PC.

Comment

Yup-
                            I have more in stock!

(Ace... I like that!)
                            Kevin Brown
                            NXTti Instructor, Meguiar's/Ford SEMA Team, Meguiar's Distributor/Retailer

Comment

iamwaxman,

Let me know how much shipped to Irvine, CA 92603

email me at hamanncheese@gmail.com

thanks guys!
                              Detail enthusiast from bimmerforums.com
                              machines: Porter Cable 7336 DA and 7428 rotary
                              Favorite products: Meguiars: #83, #80, NXT techwax, All-metal restorer. Other brands: 1Z PP, S100 wax, Stoner Invisible Glass, Klasse AIO.

Comment

iamwaxman
                                will this handle fit a hitachi SP18va?

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');