• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SU Carburettor refurb

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SU Carburettor refurb

Hi, I hope I've posted this in the correct catagory as it's a bit out of the ordinary. I recently purchased a job lot of old SU carbs with the intention of sprucing them up and reselling them on Evil-bay.

This is my second attempt (I was so keen I forgot to take pics of the first one!!)

Once I stripped it all down I soaked the parts in warm water and a degreaser and gave them a good scrub. Once clean and dry I used All metal polish to achieve a great shine.

The parts were caked in about 50 years worth of crud.

[IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Heres a 50/50 of the brass float (which will be hidden completely in the float chamber ).

[IMG][/IMG]

Heres the completed float (and the only reflection shot I could manage!!)

[IMG][/IMG]

This is a 50/50 of the float chamber.

[IMG][/IMG]

This is the finished piece.

[IMG][/IMG]

Many thanks for looking

Mark

Re: SU Carburettor refurb

Talk about bring back many memories!

"Back in the day" I was a wrench turner on Triumphs (cars not motorcycles) and polishing out the float chambers was a favorite past time. We had access to a lathe, that way we could just chuck them up and polish polish polish.

Thank for the post...

Bill

Don't forget the oil in the dash pot! (LOL)

Comment

Working...
    X
    gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');