• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Meguiars All Purpose Cleaner Plus (APC+) at full strength

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Meguiars All Purpose Cleaner Plus (APC+) at full strength

Out of curiosity, is it dangerous to use All Purpose Cleaner Plus at full strength (undiluted)? The worst I have seen has been my hands getting a bit dry after extensive use throughout the day. But, am I looking at anything long term here?

Why do I use it at full strength? Try it on a dirty tire and you will see why! At full strength, this beat cleans like nothing else I have tried.
    Tedrow's Detailing
    845-642-1698
    Treat Yourself to that New Car Feeling

Re: Meguiars All Purpose Cleaner Plus (APC+) at full strength

Well, you're going to increase the risk of staining, or bleaching the color out of something.

Not sure about any damage to rubber at all, but I would suppose there could be a chance. That might be the biggest concern, and the Meguiars guys can help with that answer.
    2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

i tried it once, faster drying time... higher stain's risk, but the cleaning power is almost the same when we dilute it 1 : 4...
      Proud to be part of Meguiars Family

Comment

Originally posted by Murr1525 View Post
        Well, you're going to increase the risk of staining, or bleaching the color out of something.

Not sure about any damage to rubber at all, but I would suppose there could be a chance. That might be the biggest concern, and the Meguiars guys can help with that answer.
        Matt, I thought of that but hadn't seen any effects of staining or bleaching. I was the same thing about the rubber also.

I was also aiming towards any health hazards.

Originally posted by PhantomMagician View Post
        i tried it once, faster drying time... higher stain's risk, but the cleaning power is almost the same when we dilute it 1 : 4...
        Phantom, I think it cleans much better than at 1:4. But you are right, it does dry a lot faster. Probably because the water in the product when diluted does not dry as fast as the chemicals alone.
        Tedrow's Detailing
        845-642-1698
        Treat Yourself to that New Car Feeling

Comment

As far as health, you'd be more likely to want eye protection.

Staining or bleaching would be based on the material you were using it on.

Comment

Purple Power at full strength is more powerful IMO.
            Nick
            Tucker's Detailing Services
            815-954-0773
            2012 Ford Transit Connect

Comment

Yeah, at some point the APC's arent designed to be as strong as possible.

Comment

Originally posted by Shawn T. View Post
                Out of curiosity, is it dangerous to use All Purpose Cleaner Plus at full strength (undiluted)? The worst I have seen has been my hands getting a bit dry after extensive use throughout the day. But, am I looking at anything long term here?

Why do I use it at full strength? Try it on a dirty tire and you will see why! At full strength, this beat cleans like nothing else I have tried.
                Hi check with u apc can be use for cleaning factory rims ?

Comment

I use Eagle One All Wheel / Tire Cleaner, works awesome on tires. I use Meg's All Wheel/Aluminum/Multi Piece on the wheels. My wash bucket has pockets on them filled with bottles of necessary equipment.....
                  Philippians 2:14 - Do all things without grumbling or questioning,

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');