• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ultimate Wash & Wax Anywhere

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Ultimate Wash & Wax Anywhere

Should be no problem to go straight to M21 after using UWWA
    2012 Acura CBP TL SH-AWD Tech

Comment

Originally posted by Blueline
      I own a silver vehicle and a black vehicle owns me. The black one demands attention, washing, detailing, waxing and an occasional dinner out at a nice restaurant. The silver one demands nothing and it looks just fine. I think the black vehicle is taking advantage of me, and the silver car is more my style. We can go out for a drive without her makeup and she looks fine. If I want to take the black one out, it is three or four hours in the "bathroom" to get ready.

Comment

Thanks C8N for your insights. Will head out to get a bottle soon

Comment

Walmart is the only place I can find this now. I really hope it's not being discontinued. I use it more than any other Meguiars product. We really need a gallon or 5 gallon size.

Comment

• Originally posted by Xtremespeed View Post
            Walmart is the only place I can find this now. I really hope it's not being discontinued. I use it more than any other Meguiars product. We really need a gallon or 5 gallon size.
            I'd like to second that! Please don't discontinue this stuff. It's really been fantastic to use and a great part of your product line. Well done.
            -Scott

Comment

Originally posted by Xtremespeed View Post
              I switched from the Ultimate Wash Wax Anywhere to their professional Detailers version D115 Rinse Free Express Wash and Wax. It seems pricey at first, but 1 gallon yields 5 gallons when diluted according to directions. It is great.

Comment

So, I've finally tried UWWA on a black DD in the hot-n-humid Southeast. Holy Expletive!! I can't believe how awesome the results were, especially with a fresh Supreme Shine towel. Oh, how much trouble I've gone to trying to do with GCQD/GCQW what this product so easily does, with no clouding or extra buffing. UWWA matches the scent feedback of the DAMF system and Detailer products I'm using, and fits right into the carnauba finishing requirements regimen for me. Daily maintenance, travel, and pre-show needs solved! Later, I can order the bulk version (Detailer D115), but for now, I'm just happy at the results!

Thanks again, Meguiar's
                Non-Garaged Daily Driver, DAMF System + M101, Carnauba Finish Enthusiast
                4-Step | Zen Detailing | Undercarriage | DAMF Upgrade |
                First Correction | Gallery

Comment

:woot: that's great to hear. It really is a great product.

How do you find its slickness? I find its not quite as slick as a QD such as UQW or LT.
                  I own a silver vehicle and a black vehicle owns me. The black one demands attention, washing, detailing, waxing and an occasional dinner out at a nice restaurant. The silver one demands nothing and it looks just fine. I think the black vehicle is taking advantage of me, and the silver car is more my style. We can go out for a drive without her makeup and she looks fine. If I want to take the black one out, it is three or four hours in the "bathroom" to get ready.

Comment

Do you mean glossy, or slick in feel? My initial impression is UWWA is easily as glossy as GCQD or GCQW, but much thicker, gel-like, in a way. So, it feels slick without being oily or cloudy, and seems to "glaze" the surface much better than GCQD or GCQW.

Comment

I mean slick in feel. The way your towel glides over the surface during the final wipe.

Comment

Ah yes, not as slick, then, more traction, even when dry. UWWA seems like more of a gel coating, somehow. We'll see how it weathers the next rain storm.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Stoops View Post
                          The Detailer line Rinse Free Express Wash is a concentrate designed for use as a low water volume rinseless bucket wash. Rinse Free Express Wash also contains no wax at all. Ultimate Wash & Wax Anywhere is a ready to use spray that does contain a hydrophobic polymer for added protection. Think of it almost like a detail spray on steroids - if you've ever had a situation where you thought a QD may not be quite enough to remove the amount of dirt on your car so you're better off washing it, you could reach for this product and get the job done safely and effectively. If you live in an area where they salt the roads and from time to time you go to the coin op wash to pressure wash the road salt off your car, you know it doesn't get everything off completely. With this you can finish the job once you get home. Or if you live in an apartment and it's summer time, and your car has been outside for a few days and you want to clean it up but don't have time to go to a car wash (and you aren't allowed to bucket wash in your complex) you can clean your car with this product in just a bit longer than it would take to go over it with a traditional QD spray, even though the car is much too dirty for a traditional QD.
                          Hey Michael, thanks!

Would you recommend using a quik wax after using Wax and Wash?

Noob thinking. I'm trying to avoid scratching, swirls or what not. I was thinking of rinsing with water first, then the Wax and Wash, then maybe the Gold Class Quik Wax, and then Ultimate Liquid Wax.

Good idea or no?

Comment

You can do as much or as little as you like, but that's a bit too many steps, and one is in the wrong order.

You wouldn't apply a wax after a spray wax, but the other way around.

If anything you'd do this every week:
                            - UWWA
                            - GCQW (optional, and slight overkill)

Then once every few months, you'd go:
                            - UWWA
                            - ULW
                            - GCQW (optional, and slight overkill)

Comment

This^

With 1 small exception. I like to do a traditional bucket wash before applying a layer of liquid/paste wax. But that's just my OCD way of thinking

Comment

^^ I think that was a typo. UQW, not ULW. The question was basically "Should I follow UWWA with QW, and should I use two different QWs?"

My answer is yes to the first part. UWWA is, as far as I'm concerned, very much a "sealant" and not so much about the small amount of carnauba in it. Unless it's a quick touch-up, which is daily, I'll frequently follow UWWA with GCQW, because GCQW, while also being mixed with synthetic goodness, is the most carnauba we can get in a spray. UWWA has a silvery glossy look, and GCQW darkens it back a bit (I don't care for the super-silver-ultimate-glossy look as much).

My answer is no, that's redundant, to the second part.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');