• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2012 Porsche Cayenne S Hybrid Detail

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2012 Porsche Cayenne S Hybrid Detail

This is the President's vehicle of my desk job. Buddy of mine told her what I could do and we talked it over and discussed what was needed to be done to get it looking "new" again. Her main focus were some scuffs she put in the driver side rear door after backing out of her garage along with removing all the marring and swirling the dealership "detailers" had induced. She was tired of dealing with them for other issues so I got it taken care of for her. BTW, it only has 2,500 miles on it so you can get an idea what washing your car with incorrect wash mediums and techniques will do to your finish. It doesn't help that the clear coat on these things are super soft. On to the process.

Also... Big thanks to Nick Chapman for coming out and lending a hand. I was going to have him touch up the scuffs but we decided otherwise since they mostly came out and weren't visible from standing distance! He's been helping me on a couple of vehicles so thanks again buddy!

Exterior:
    Washed with Meguiars Super soap and 1.5 oz of APC+ via two bucket method.
    Spot clayed using Clay Magic blue and ONR diluted for claying.
    Wheel faces and barrels were cleaned with Sonax Full Effect and various brushes.
    Rubber was cleaned with Meguiars APC+ and brush to remove the dealerships THICK caked one dressing.
    Meguiars D300 and 5" MF cutting disk.
    Meguiars D301 and 5" MF polishing disk.
    Meguiars M105 and 5" MF cutting disk used on the driver side rear door scuffs.
    Rubber dressed with ShowRoom FX White Pearl.
    Trim dressed with Meguiars Ultimate Protectant.
    Glass treated with Stoners invisible glass.

Interior:
    Vacuum/dry brush/vaccum
    All surfaces were cleaned & protected with Meguiars Quick Interior Detailer.
    Passenger side floor matt cleaned with APC+ (4:1) & upholstery brush to remove spilled coke stain.
    Seats conditioned with Meguiars Leather Conditioner.
    Glass treated with Stoners Invisible Glass.

Unfortunately I didn't get any pictures of the interior since this was car number 3 of a 6 car weekend.

On to the pictures.

Wheels weren't too bad, just your basic brake dust and fall out.

You can see the fine micromarring on the lower section of the panel:

The hood shown with some fine swirling going on. Being that the paint is SO soft, it marrs and swirls very easily with out using proper washing and drying techniques:

This was the spot the customer was most concerned about. Backing out of her garage she barely scraped her driver side rear door:

A little lower:

Now a little higher on the door:

And the door corrected:

The section on the hood near the front emblem:

The driver side rear door scuffs were nearly all removed except a few faint deep scratches. These wouldn't be shown looking at the panel in day light from standing view. The owner was very pleased with the outcome:

Same for up top:

The rear deck lid corrected:

And some finished shots from my house and after being delivered to the owner:

Freshly detailed and dress wheel/rubber:

After being delivered. Mr. Sun, the true tester:

Notice the scuffs on the door are not visible at all:

No swirls you say? Don't mind if I do:

Another sun shot:

Probably one of the nicest crossovers/suv I have ever had the pleasure of driving. Every aspect of this vehicle is amazing. The braking on this thing is incredible being that it stops on a dime! Maybe one day!

Thanks for looking!

Questions/Comments always welcome!

Brian
    Brian's Custom Detailing
    Where detail matters.
    www.brianscustomdetailing.com

Re: 2012 Porsche Cayenne S Hybrid Detail

Nice work

Comment

Good job on a stunning vehicle. The black paint looks perfect.
      2011 Car Crazy Showcase SEMA Team

Comment

Beautiful ride - beautifully detailed by DA Microfiber Correction System.

Awesome work.

Comment

Brian nicely done!

If you wouldn't mind, how did you feel 300 + MF was different than 105 + MF? Thanks.

"fishing for swirls in a sea of black"
          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
          David

Comment

Holy Moley! The only one of those I've even seen was at the Baltimore Grand Prix as an emergency chase vehicle. Of course I'm partial to all the lights and sirens on it .

Excellent job!

Comment

Originally posted by aris View Post
              Nice work
              Thank you, sir!

Originally posted by Marc08EX View Post
              Good job on a stunning vehicle. The black paint looks perfect.
              Being fairly new coupled with soft paint it didn't take much. The D300 finished down very nicely and removed any swirling and marring.

Originally posted by greg0303 View Post
              Beautiful ride - beautifully detailed by DA Microfiber Correction System.

Awesome work.
              I love the MF system! It's amazing for what it is! Thanks for the kind words.

Originally posted by wifpd4 View Post
              Brian nicely done!

If you wouldn't mind, how did you feel 300 + MF was different than 105 + MF? Thanks.

Thank you, David! While I didn't use the M105 and cutting disk on this ride myself. Nick had the pleasure of leveling down the panel to remove the scuffs. I followed that up with D300 to refine the finish and bring back the clarity to the small amount of haze that M105 induced.

On other cars I've used M105 and the MF cutting disk, of course M105 had much more cut and dusted a little. With D300 I find that it's almost a "1 step" in that it leaves the finish LSP ready...for the most part. A couple of cars I've run into it needed something like M205 or Menz Power Finish to refine it but not many. I'm using an Orginal 7424 PC and it runs very well. Nick even commented on how much he liked it and how smooth it was. Nothing special done, just a work horse PC with newer brushes installed. I hope this helps

Originally posted by FIREdawg View Post
              Holy Moley! The only one of those I've even seen was at the Baltimore Grand Prix as an emergency chase vehicle. Of course I'm partial to all the lights and sirens on it .

Excellent job!
              Thanks! This car is a dream to take care of and drive!
              Brian's Custom Detailing
              Where detail matters.
              www.brianscustomdetailing.com

Comment

Working...
              X
              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');