• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sonax vs. Meguiars !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sonax vs. Meguiars !

Hi all

Is any body out there who apply Sonax products beside Meguiars stuffs?
    As you see, i'm in Germany and decide to go with Meguiars for wash, clay, cleaners, polish & wax.
    Just want to know if Sonax (or any other German company) has the same quality as Meguiars for trims, leathers, tire, external plastics, glasses and microfibers?
    it would be more that 500 EURO if i want to buy all necessary materials & accessories from Meguiars
    TIA . . .

Re: Sonax vs. Meguiars !

There are many products available to you that are very much competitive with Meguiars such as Wolfgang.

Comment

I would say that Sonax and P21S rank right up their with Meguiars. However I have not used any of those products.
      Practice doesn't make perfect, the dedication to achieve perfection makes perfect. "Smack"
      2011 Jet Black 328i Touring
      2007 Jet Black 335i Sedan

Comment

thanks.
        so I'll try to find top Germany's producer via Germans' forums!
        BTW, any advice is appreciated . . .

Comment

Try Turtle Wax...amazing stuff!!!

Comment

Sonax & P21 are both excellent product lines.

Comment

I have heard good things about their spray wax and their wheel cleaner
              I want to eventually try their wheel cleaner

Comment

i hv their Nano1 sealant, premium carnauba wax, and wheel cleaner.
                in fact the Nano 1 sealant lasted me well over half year it is still beading nicely on my daily driver
                check my quick review on Autogeek
                Dennis
                Nissan Fuga | 日產 風雅 | 日産 フーガ

Comment

Sonax Full Effect does work well and the color changing agent while it's bleeding the iron particles away is neat too. Chemical Guys Diable wheel gel works awesome and it's what I use most often now.
                  Brian's Custom Detailing
                  Where detail matters.
                  www.brianscustomdetailing.com

Comment

Sonax is hard to beat.
                    Paul Marmarinos
                    Flawless Prestige Car Detailing
                    "The trouble with the world is that everyone's about three drinks behind" - Humphrey Bogart

Comment

Originally posted by Alfisti View Post
                      Sonax is hard to beat.
                      It does work very well but I like the Diablo Gel for the fact it lingers around for a good long time breaking down the brake dust/fallout. I can usually spray on all four wheels and go around and clean up each one before they all dry up. That includes wheel wells too.
                      Brian's Custom Detailing
                      Where detail matters.
                      www.brianscustomdetailing.com

Comment

Originally posted by a6l3i View Post
                        Hi all

Is any body out there who apply Sonax products beside Meguiars stuffs?
                        As you see, i'm in Germany and decide to go with Meguiars for wash, clay, cleaners, polish & wax.
                        Just want to know if Sonax (or any other German company) has the same quality as Meguiars for trims, leathers, tire, external plastics, glasses and microfibers?
                        it would be more that 500 EURO if i want to buy all necessary materials & accessories from Meguiars
                        TIA . . .
                        I have heard Sonax referred to as the "German Meguiar's" before and it makes sense, though the lineup of Sonax products available in the US is not as extensive as in European countries. For example, Sonax makes three (if not four) unique wheel cleaners but only one is available in the US. I am sure it is a similar scenario in Germany where Meguiar's product availabilty is limited.

Both Meguiar's and Sonax are well established brands with top quality offerings, if I were in Germany I would likely use Sonax for a bulk of my products due to cost effectiveness and supplement with some of Meguiar's strongest offerings such as their compounds and polishes.

Comment

Thank you guys for your advices

As you mentioned, Sonax is one of the bests in Europe and i saw many wonderful outcomes in different German forums.

However, there are some descriptions about Sonax products and some videos in "Sonax.de" in English, but since the real results are discussed in German forums, I can't follow reviews to find out which products are more suitable for which color or material and find the best step by step actions and timing (like what we do here) . Hence, I decide to stay with Maguiars as is possible, for any needed troubleshooting with other detailing fans

Hopefully, i found a good German online distributor that represent many Meguiars' products even with one third of prices of of amazon & eBay!!!! so, the prices become too close (even less) than Sonax products!!!!
                          http://www.AircraftSpruce.eu/index.p...eguiar&x=0&y=0

However, I want to buy some SONAX's products like "Xtreme Cockpit cleaner matt finish" & "Xtreme Plastic restorer gel exterior NanoPro" to have a side by side comparison.

Comment

Have you tried 1Z very good German product

Comment

Working...
                            X
                            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');